• Grabban
    • Hogan
    • Taylor (Hutton 51)
    • Davis (Onomah 60)
    • Jedinak (Hogan 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/18 at 23:00

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Sheff Wednesday fans adamant the match was fixed (here)

Now while I know what its like be on the wrong end of a highly suspicious officiating (Kevin Friends 'performance' QPR at home at home a few years back), its still funny that they think we would choose a game against a relegation threatened team to risk everything.

Come on guys, you were unlucky, it happens; but use your brains!

Thanks for posting, funny yet sad in equal measure.

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Now while I know what its like be on the wrong end of a highly suspicious officiating (Kevin Friends 'performance' QPR at home at home a few years back), its still funny that they think we would choose a game against a relegation threatened team to risk everything.

It gets better Dear FA

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

It gets better Dear FA

giphy.gif

To be fair, the other posters rip the piss out of the originator (hostage in Pyongyang) for doing it! 

My favourite retort was ‘for a hostage in Pyongyang you managed to watch the game and have access to email. Worst.hostage.takers.ever’ 

• Like 3

Dont think anyone would have predicted we'd score 4 goals yesterday given the injuries. Its the best feeling waking up after a win like that. Perfect tonic after doubts creep in when you dont win every game like we didnt in the previous 2. We've been spoiled lately, but im just hungry for more. Starved for too many years. 8 wins and a draw from last 10. WTF is going on :D

Massive massive win yesterday. I was quietly confident before the game that we could win, despite our injuries as Wednesday have plenty of injuries themselves and I think we’re much more suited to playing away from home. Once again Bruce went safe and not positive enough in his team selection. Onomah is useless on the left wing, Hourihane is invisible unless he’s pushed forward and Thor can count himself unlucky for being wiped from the team as when he’s been deployed in the DCM role he’s looked decent. The overriding feeling when I saw the team sheet was how baffling it was that Ohare didn’t make the bench. We’re crying out for creativity without Grealish and Ohare is the only player who has shown he can play in a similar role. Bruce’s plan was to try and stifle them and us nick it, I believe, but we, once again, didn’t seem to have a decent style of play, we had players out of their natural positions and we once again looked disjointed. Our defence looked very nervy and Wednesday caused us plenty of problems throughout. Bruce is much more of a reactive manger than a proactive manager. But his subs worked for us. Snoddy worked his nuts off as always and was our best player. We ground out the win and could easily have been dead and buried before Hourhane’s great goal. But this team does have self belief, determination and a togetherness that we’ve been crying out for for years. That’s essential for the run in. Hopefully we have some good news (for a change) on the injury front and get Grealish and Adomah back. I’d still be surprised if both are back in the starting line up, but hopefully I’m wrong. Grabben and Davis have shown themselves to be a handful and Hogan simply struggles without Grealish despite his endeavour and endless chasing. It is indeed through our pressing and chasing of the opposition when they have the ball which is helping us in games so hope we keep this up. Or defence have looked very shakey for the last few games, Terry in particular. Hopefully he, and the rest of the team, benefit from a full week of training without a game in midweek. Up next we have a West London team who will give JT pelters so hopefully Terry will be up for it and gets back to his best for us as he’s so important for us. 

Need to push on and get ourselves back on track by playing as we know we can against QPR next week. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

The foul count is peculiar admittedly, but did the referee actually make any obvious errors in major decisions? I’m asking genuinely as I had a dodgy stream if I was lucky and haven’t seen half of it.

10 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Looked like John Terry should have been sent off to me for the last ditch tackle on their big center forward.  I haven't seen any replays of that yet though only what I saw in the ground. 

Just watched the extended highlights - and the tackle several times. Wasn't even a foul - seriously - JT stretched his leg out and cleared the ball back to Johnstone. the SW player saw he wasn't going to catch up with the ball - so went down very late. Very much doubt that JT even touched him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The foul count is peculiar admittedly, but did the referee actually make any obvious errors in major decisions? I’m asking genuinely as I had a dodgy stream if I was lucky and haven’t seen half of it.

I don't think so. Also there were a lot of incidents were Sheff Wed players went down far to easily and the ref (rightly) played on. He would give us freekick because they were genuine fouls! 

We might have got the rub of the green with certain 50/50s but no way did the ref change the game. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

One of the SW posters - who is amateur level ref - reckoned he missed 3 villa fouls at most.

• Thanks 1

From the lower Leppings Lane end I thought the ref had a good game! Not in a biased way either. Couldn’t see some of the decisions in front of the Kop like our penalty but that last ditch Terry challenge on Nuhiu that they’re complaining about he got spot on; excellent challenge.

A few times lately I've decried our lack of luck, stating that we've had to earn every 3 points we've gotten this season.

Now we've had the bit of luck, I'm trying not to get too excited but if we can end the season not just as a good team but also a lucky team then we're on to a winner.

• Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 08:46, Nigel said:

That's rich coming from Wednesday- see the 1964 betting scandal for reference. 

Â