• Grabban
    • Hogan
    • Taylor (Hutton 51)
    • Davis (Onomah 60)
    • Jedinak (Hogan 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/18 at 23:00

It's about time our "experienced" players showed their worth - step forward Glen Whelan.

You might have no legs these days but I'm glad you've been reading VT and realised you had a point to prove.

Snoddy, outstanding.

Hourihan, stepped up once Onomah removed. Onomah to be returned to Spuds (I hope)

Still think the defence is too vulnerable at times but can't fault the passion at the end.

Fair play to Bruce, clearly a tough time for him personally but can't fault his dedication and professionalism.

Onwards and upwards!

• Thanks 1

Have to say marked Bruce as Poor.

Last match - I gave him a bit of credit for changing it second half, cant do it again.

Really he should’ve learnt. Awful selection.

Poor performance from too many players again - but not surprising as we handicapped ourselves.

Fantastiv spirit and a helpful refereee.

Great fun last few minutes !!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Have to say marked Bruce as Poor.

Last match - I gave him a bit of credit for changing it second half, cant do it again.

Really he should’ve learnt. Awful selection.

Poor performance from too many players again - but not surprising as we handicapped ourselves.

Fantastiv spirit and a helpful refereee.

Great fun last few minutes !!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's been great either and went back to his old negative ways.

But..in the context of what he's been through losing his Dad I think he deserves some credit for showing up and the team are still playing for him.

Although he should never be allowed to put Onomahs name on a teamsheet ever again

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

When you look at the fixtures today in the prem it doesnt even feel like the prem.

Actually looking forward to watching the championship on 5 later, think ill give MOTD a miss

I still can't  believe that Huddersfield and Burnley are Premier League clubs and QPR are visiting Villa Park next week in the second tier.

Only caught the last 25 mins.. 30 seconds before wheelans goal.

Hopefully no more onomah only 1 DM from the start. 

Keep the formation we won several in a row with and just play players in their correct positions or as close to it. Grabban instead of adomah for example.

A win having been behind twice and by the sounds of it soundly outplayed for most of the game is sweeter.

Well done everyone (bar onomah)

We need fighters who give eveeythibg every game not fannies

18 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Can’t believe a lot of these comments. Anyone would think we had lost the match. Bruce being marked as “poor” and being told to learn from his “mistakes”. The “mistake” of winning the match? It’s no wonder he is rude about the fans!

Read this carefully: We.Won.Four.Two.

And that’s “poor,” is it?

At half time I was reading in the match thread that the performance (at that stage) losing) was all Bruce’s fault. 100% down to him. All to do with his selections, negative tactics, puzzling formation etc.

So the logic of that is the 4-2 win is 100% down to him, his selection, substitutions, tactics, formation etc. So, well done Brucey, you smashed it today! 

I am delighted because I thought with our recent loss of form and further injuries we would do well to draw. But we turned all that round today so well done manager and team! Particularly Whelan and Hourihane who were coming in for vile abuse at half time & then spoiled everything by scoring the decisive goals!

In the real wotld, we are still up there challenging for an automatic promotion places despite it seems (in the cyber world) a woeful squad, clueless manager and poor performances. :)

If you watch the game rather than just look at the result you might understand. We were poor, very poor. Sheffield Wednesday had 14 players out with injury and still outplayed us. 

If we play like that for the remainder of the season, then we simply arent going up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â