• Grabban
    • Hogan
    • Taylor (Hutton 51)
    • Davis (Onomah 60)
    • Jedinak (Hogan 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/18 at 23:00

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

nope, Wolves lose, Cardiff win tomorrow and wolves lead is down to 6 points. Funny things start to happen when a huge lead is wiped out and the pressure is then well & truly on. 1st is still up for grabs.

Looking up not down. I like it. And I agree, why not try to win this thing? Thats what Adomah says the team is aiming for.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Looking up not down. I like it. And I agree, why not try to win this thing? Thats what Adomah says the team is aiming for.

Hoping for Cardiff to win to allow for a remote chance of winning the league?

Risk versus reward!

Cardiff winning slightly increases our chances of winning the league (from 1% to 2%) whilst hugely increasing our chances of having to play in the playoffs. 

Not for me thanks.

Hope Cardiff lose every game for the rest of the season & I don't give a hoot what Wolves do unless it directly affects us.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Can’t believe a lot of these comments. Anyone would think we had lost the match. Bruce being marked as “poor” and being told to learn from his “mistakes”. The “mistake” of winning the match? It’s no wonder he is rude about the fans!

Read this carefully: We.Won.Four.Two.

And that’s “poor,” is it?

It's possible for a football team to play poorly and still win a game. 3 bad performances in a row now. We really need Grealish back.

• Like 4

Sheff wed fans are accusing ref of match fixing on twitter. I thought he had a good game and mad the right call on big  decisions but also allowed a physical game to flow. The biggest decision being Terry's challenge which it looked like he won the ball. It was also a clear penalty. 

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Can’t believe a lot of these comments. Anyone would think we had lost the match. Bruce being marked as “poor” and being told to learn from his “mistakes”. The “mistake” of winning the match? It’s no wonder he is rude about the fans!

At half time I was reading in the match thread that the performance (at that stage) losing) was all Bruce’s fault. 100% down to him. All to do with his selections, negative tactics, puzzling formation etc.

So the logic of that is the 4-2 win is 100% down to him, his selection, substitutions, tactics, formation etc. So, well done Brucey, you smashed it today! 

I am delighted because I thought with our recent loss of form and further injuries we would do well to draw. But we turned all that round today so well done manager and team! Particularly Whelan and Hourihane who were coming in for vile abuse at half time & then spoiled everything by scoring the decisive goals!

In the real wotld, we are still up there challenging for an automatic promotion places despite it seems (in the cyber world) a woeful squad, clueless manager and poor performances. :)

Did you see the game? It was a bit of freak result.  If we played liked that every week we'd be in a relegation scrap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did you see the game? It was a bit of freak result.  If we played liked that every week we'd be in a relegation scrap. 

Or alternatively if we played like we did when we won 7 on a spin, we would be top. Its a 46 game season with ups and downs. Villa have picked up 4 points in 2 games having not played that well. I will take that every single time.

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

At half time I was reading in the match thread that the performance (at that stage) losing) was all Bruce’s fault. 100% down to him. All to do with his selections, negative tactics, puzzling formation etc.

So the logic of that is the 4-2 win is 100% down to him, his selection, substitutions, tactics, formation etc. So, well done Brucey, you smashed it today! 

I am delighted because I thought with our recent loss of form and further injuries we would do well to draw. But we turned all that round today so well done manager and team! Particularly Whelan and Hourihane who were coming in for vile abuse at half time & then spoiled everything by scoring the decisive goals!

In the real wotld, we are still up there challenging for an automatic promotion places despite it seems (in the cyber world) a woeful squad, clueless manager and poor performances. :)

Worth noting that nearly 70% of people who have voted have Bruce at average/good. Maybe a 'lot' of people were just sharing how they viewed the game in their eyes.

Happy with win :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

The first half was diabolical. Substitutes turned it round. Bruce is responsible for both. So he definitely did not `smash it'. In fact it was going to turn into a repeat of the last two games.

But, you are right, we won, and that is the most important thing, however achieved. And we are now still there for automatic promotion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Or alternatively if we played like we did when we won 7 on a spin, we would be top. Its a 46 game season with ups and downs. Villa have picked up 4 points in 2 games having not played that well. I will take that every single time.

Yes we all would but I hope we never play like that first half again. For me it was the worst I've seen us all season. I was in shock. 

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

The first half was diabolical. Substitutes turned it round. Bruce is responsible for both. So he definitely did not `smash it'. In fact it was going to turn into a repeat of the last two games.

But, you are right, we won, and that is the most important thing, however achieved. And we are now still there for automatic promotion.

We were lucky to go in at half time only 2-1 down. A better team would have won the game at half time. We got a chance to recifty it. Credit to Bruce and in particular Snodgrass for that. 

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

You'd want Cardiff, the (current) team that we are trying to finish ahead of, to win tomorrow and go further ahead of us, making 2nd place less likely?

giphy.gif

Where exactly have you plucked that assumption from? 

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

If you watch the game rather than just look at the result you might understand. We were poor, very poor. Sheffield Wednesday had 14 players out with injury and still outplayed us. 

If we play like that for the remainder of the season, then we simply arent going up. 

During the match it was stated as 10 out. Seems to be going up!

I have watched as much of the match as is available for fans in this crappy league. So I saw Sheffield Wednesday “outplay” us 2-4.

I think of this as the “Villatalk fallacy”, valuing “performance” over result. If we had “outplayed” them but lost 2-4, would you be happier?

The aim of a team in a football match is to win. We did that, quite royally in the end. There really isn’t anything more complex or sophisticated to it than that.

RDM’s teams played a lot of fancy football but couldn’t win. Bruce’s teams play football that clearly drives a lot of Villatalk regulars to great heights of despair and anger and yet he wins a lot of matches.

I know which I prefer.

• Like 4

Â