Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

1 hour ago, dukes said:

Sizes are larger than last year. I would say sizes for the average Joe are true. I'm a 42-44 chest and Large fitted me just fine, could possibly have got away with a medium (but chose to have breathing room).

Last year I tried on an extra large away kit and found it uncomfortable...hence I didn't buy one.

main-qimg-60701e450d21f7a4b29f3e4847a0c3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I walked into the merry hill luke store earlier to buy the home shirt, but they have nothing Villa related in there at all. It was dead in there too, the woman behind the till looked surprised to see me walk in.

Are the shirts in the bull ring store then?

Anyone who has this be able to comment on the nature of the horrible sponsor logo, i.e., is it of the glued on type that will come off in the wash eventually, or much sooner than that with a little help?

Voted no. 1 by GQ for best championship kit. 

GQ

1) Aston Villa

There might be problems off the pitch, but everything is going swimmingly on the fashion front. Luke Roper, Villa fan and founder of this season’s kit supplier Luke 1977, has designed the strip in collaboration with Fanatics for 2018-19, which has skyrocketed the club’s shirt sales up by 700% on last year. Hat tip.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Voted no. 1 by GQ for best championship kit. 

GQ

700% increase on last years sales, that is pretty impressive. I wonder how that translates into units made and sold?

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

700% increase on last years sales, that is pretty impressive. I wonder how that translates into units made and sold?

About 20...

• Haha 4

On 30/07/2018 at 19:10, villan-scott said:

Come on then @Stevo985

How much did you blow on all your new Luke gear?! #trendsetter

Sorry for the late reply.

Been at the bank all day remortgaging 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think this is a mistake. 50k kits last year (let's say) so that would mean we would have sold 350k this year at 700%! I read somewhere that sales were up 170% on last year. This seems like a more realistic figure. Still a great job by luke. 

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think this is a mistake. 50k kits last year (let's say) so that would mean we would have sold 350k this year at 700%! I read somewhere that sales were up 170% on last year. This seems like a more realistic figure. Still a great job by luke. 

OS link

However, they’ve been completely blown out of the water with sales up almost 750% across all three kits since becoming available – outperforming the last five season launch sales.

I think the link up with Luke has been a huge success. Just feels a little more personal 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yeah it does sound OTT. I guess it might be how the sales period is measured. For instance we might end up with say 20% up over the year, but the initial uptake in the first week was greater than the same period last season. Good news though, hopefully we make a bit extra towards FFP with these extra sales and a direct deal. Hats off to whoever set up this deal (Luke Organ I guess?).

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im interested to know how successful tweeting lukes twitter account with "what a **** shambles where are all the **** large shirts gone, you lot are shit" is proving for people?

reckon they might just throw you a free one

Worth a shot? ?

Â