Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

I do like the new shirts and will eventually pick the home shirt up at some point.

This still remains my favourite shirt of the last 10 years or so. Not from a particularly bright point in time of our history admittedly but I thought it was a great design at the time and Instill think it looks nice. The fit was lovely also. Loved this shirt. Wish I still had it.  I really loved the away shirt too. Not sure many others actually liked it though. 

football-boots-new-aston-villa-home-shir

Edited by Ingram85

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I do like the new shirts and will eventually pick the home shirt up at some point.

This still remains my favourite shirt of the last 10 years or so. Not from a particularly bright point in time of our history admittedly but I thought it was a great design at the time and Instill think it looks nice. The fit was lovely also. Loved this shirt. Wish I still had it.  I really loved the away shirt too. Not sure many others actually liked it though. 

football-boots-new-aston-villa-home-shir

I have the away shirt. Absolute classic. Best part about it is the sponsor (which actually looks really decent) faded away to nothing over the years, leaving me with the bare kit.

The claret trim and touches all around the kit were great, and that "Pride of Birmingham" on the reverse of the crest was a nice touch.

Like you said, the fit was perfect too. 09-12 era Nike Drifit kits had the ideal football kit look imo.

• Like 2

Saw this in the flesh yesterday. Going against the grain but I think it’s awful. The cut, the quality. Just horrible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ll be in the bull ring tomorrow and will probably pop into Luke to check the kits out. 

May not be able to resist a purchase. 

I have visions of you walking out, bags in both hands, fully kitted out in Luke gear! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jim said:

Saw this in the flesh yesterday. Going against the grain but I think it’s awful. The cut, the quality. Just horrible.

Would love to see people take pics of it, see how it looks on the average Joe. It looks great on the professional athletes, but the cut does look suspect on all of the promotional pictures.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Would love to see people take pics of it, see how it looks on the average Joe. It looks great on the professional athletes, but the cut does look suspect on all of the promotional pictures.

The cut looks very different on the retail versions. I prefer the fitted look like the under armour shirts. 

3 hours ago, jim said:

Looks amazing on in my view. Can't fault it whatsoever

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I have visions of you walking out, bags in both hands, fully kitted out in Luke gear! 

Hahaha

unfortunately not. The kit would be the only thing I’d buy in that shop. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jim said:

You are the first person I’ve heard mention the quality not being good. When we got rid of Macron I was over the moon and Under Armour’s quality was for me, amongst the best! 

I really hope the quality of the kits is good. Any other people have any comments of the quality of the new shirts?

4 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Is the sizes similar to last seasons Under Armor?

Sizes are larger than last year. I would say sizes for the average Joe are true. I'm a 42-44 chest and Large fitted me just fine, could possibly have got away with a medium (but chose to have breathing room).

Last year I tried on an extra large away kit and found it uncomfortable...hence I didn't buy one.

Edited by dukes

Â