Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

Bought it. Very valuable to be linked to a club and to release coloured clothing off that relationship, AND for folks to respect it and want it. He has hit the jackpot but because he has designed good stuff we want, fair play.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Bought it. Very valuable to be linked to a club and to release coloured clothing off that relationship, AND for folks to respect it and want it. He has hit the jackpot but because he has designed good stuff we want, fair play.  

I know I'm very much in the minority here, but what exactly has he 'designed'?!

He's basically stolen an old kit design to appeal to the retro crowd. Then he's called a claret jacket 'Rotterdam' and charged £90 for it - search 'Claret rain jacket' on Google and you'll see loads for much cheaper!

Largely designers like Luke (and Gabby's startup!) seem to focus 100% on brand over design. Basic T-shirt, shove your logo on, charge massive markup. Everything must scream the brand name, subtilty won't do.

Maybe this should be in the 'things you don't get' thread...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Djl3rc2X4AALmEH.jpg

the "rotterdam"

i'd expect to see a fair few of them at VP this season

If it’s anytbing like their other waterproof, it’s banging. 

Means you can get right in the middle of the half time beer throwing contest in whatever shit hole concourse we’re on! 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2018 at 15:49, villa4europe said:

Djl3rc2X4AALmEH.jpg

the "rotterdam"

i'd expect to see a fair few of them at VP this season

I will buy that. 

I wrote to General Fraud a while back asking for a claret waterproof coat as I resorted to buying a deep red coat from Craghoppers. 

They used to do them and I remember millions of people buying the Reebok waterproof. You still saw people wearing them years later because they stopped making waterproof coats in club colours 

I don't want to wear a navy blue coat to Villa Park on a rainy match day, I want to wear claret. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

On 30/07/2018 at 22:10, Paddywhack said:

I walked into the merry hill luke store earlier to buy the home shirt, but they have nothing Villa related in there at all. It was dead in there too, the woman behind the till looked surprised to see me walk in.

Are the shirts in the bull ring store then?

Yes shirts are on sale in The Bullring. 

• Like 1

On 04/08/2018 at 18:39, Made In Aston said:

?????

Is he releasing a tell all book or something.

As much as he comes across as a bitter moron, I would still be very interested in what else has to be "revealed".

Back on topic, we have a great kit and leisure range this season. :thumb:

It’s obvious that we are using shirt sales to get round FFP, that’s why they are sold out. Eden is going round buying from the Luke store too, to make sure it doesn't look too suspicious that it’s just the club are selling out and not anywhere else. ?

Â