The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

15 minutes ago, Pelle said:

So what you say is that tjey would go for his claim and take away a goal for KDB without actually seeing him touch it? And a system that see an offside only half a mm in front can't see if the ball touches a player or not? Ok.

That's exactly what they have done...

If the ball hit anything it scuffed the underside of his studs. There is no clear view of this from any angle

Guendozi in the Arsenal game yesterday, right at the death, basically did a rugby tackle on Zaha who was on the break. Nothing.

One of the most blatant reds you'll ever see. Did it ultimately make a difference? No. But that shouldn't matter.

VAR is shit.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's just **** stupid. If anything that's a foul on the defender. I genuinely can't see what has been given as a foul there, other than a Manchester United player falling over in the box being an immediate pen.

• Like 1

I was the biggest VAR supporter. I watch a lot of bundesliga & Polish league and it works well. There is simply little to report.

But the Premier League implementation needs to be scrapped. It's an absolute joke. 

Technology is right, but the people behind it are not. I will be very disappointed if owners of clubs don't make a big deal of it at some point. 

• Like 2

OH DEAR!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-liverpool-referee-moss-17161754

The man in black has been appointed for Aston Villa's upcoming Premier League match with Liverpool - and supporters might want to look away now.

Referee Jonathan Moss will officiate Villa's home game with the Reds at Villa Park on Saturday - one week on after deeming Manchester City's killer second goal against Dean Smith's side was legitmate.

Moss was in the VAR control room and failed to spot that David Silva actually touched the ball which meant Raheem Sterling was in an offside position as the England man blocked Tom Heaton's view of Kevin De Bruyne's cross.

Moss, meanwhile, after around three minutes of deliberation, declared that the goal was De Bruyne's - despite Silva clearly touching the ball as Sterling remained ahead of Villa's defensive line.

The 49-year-old from Sunderland has taken charge of one Villa match this season - and it came in another controversial showing against Arsenal at the Emirates.

The Premier League referee took charge of Leicester City's 2-1 victory over Burnley 10 days ago and, in just seven matches so far, has booked 27 players and dished out two red cards.

Martin Atkinson will be the VAR man casting his eye over Villa vs Liverpool, the man who allowed Marcus Rashford to score in controversial fashion against Jurgen Klopp's side on October 20. In another VAR game, Atkinson chalked off Conor Hourihane's strike against Brighton judging Wesley felled goalkeeper Mat Ryan. He also took charge of Villa's 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth back in August.

All the decisions correct that I saw in our game (don’t know what the Mane red was mentioned above so no comment), but I didn’t celebrate our first because of VAR so yeh, get in the sea.

Personally I wouldn’t like to see Firminho’s goal given offside but with the rule as it is and how it’s been implemented all season, that was the correct and consistent decision.

I celebrated Trez's goal for a brief second before I realised it was probably offside from the freekick. 

Absolutely killed going to the games for me. 

If there was a protest outside the FA headquarters I'd travel to join in, I hate it that much 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I didn't even celebrate the Trez goal.

I hate it.

Yep, same for me. I was all for VAR but it has become a joke the way it’s used in the PL. Scrap it asap. 

Â