The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

I feel like creating a Twitter account which keeps a record of every time VAR goes against and for us. People always say "these things even themselves out over a season", but I really don't think in this case they will. So far I don't believe we've had anything go our way, but so much that has had a negative impact on us unfairly. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Another VAR shit show. Maybe one day something will go our way. 

To all those people who said VAR would end dubious decisions explain this? 

Just like on the pitch decisions it's open to interpretation and error therefor it's utterly pointless and the way it is spoiling the atmosphere, the unique moment of joy that scoring a goal represents it should be consigned to history. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And de Bruyne interviewed after the game saying silva touched it 

Silva even gave the VAR man a massive assist in the decision by pointing at his foot and claiming the goal. 

Surely if you are looking at it and a bit unsure you would have to take the players admission into consideration!!! 

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel like creating a Twitter account which keeps a record of every time VAR goes against and for us. People always say "these things even themselves out over a season", but I really don't think in this case they will. So far I don't believe we've had anything go our way, but so much that has had a negative impact on us unfairly. 

I said a little while ago, there shouldn't be any need for things evening themselves out over a season because you should just get what you deserve all the time.

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Please do. VAR is **** shit 

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hopefully our rich owners are talking to our lawyers because at this stage it stinks. Surely no team has had so many bad calls against them 

I’ve been looking forward to Purslow coming out and saying something. When he talks people listen, and he always seems to get to the route of an issue. I wonder how many more decisions against us (and none for) it would take for them to actually start talking to lawyers.

20 hours ago, PieFacE said:

A starting point for you:

If it made controversial decisions become undisputed and accepted decisions then maybe you could argue a short delay is a price worth paying, but it doesn’t. 

All it does is delay the argument over a goal amongst fans by 3-5 mins after it’s scored, whilst sucking the joy out of the actual goal scoring moment. 

That is a negative with no positive.

That’s another problem of VAR...it’s not a pen for me, Doherty has a handful of the defenders shirt too, the Newcastle defenders hold is just more visible, also no appeal from Doherty at all

wolves fans won’t agree with that, a fair few neutrals won’t either, there’s no right decision there, they’re both fouling each other in the eyes of the law

Â