The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Other way round for me

VAR watches everything, absolutely everything, if they see something they buzz down and say "John you might want to take another look at that" John can either go to the monitor and get another look or he can say "nope I saw it perfectly and I'm happy" 

I'll compromise on that. Deal :D 

• Like 1

Your bang on here guys, cause you know for certain, an would probably bet a considerable amount of money on it. If most of these tackles like the Newcastle one today was a Salah, a Foden for example, it would be a penalty all day long.

Refs have also gotta be much better at spotting simulation. I mean is there no training for it. Salah with us, Kane. Anyone can get a penalty. Run in front of the player with the ball in the penalty area, lean forward and fall over, in Salah's case, add a couple of roll overs for good effect, refs are complete mugs for it.

The Ref has got to ask himself if that tackle on the Newcastle player was outside the box would it be a foul?......of course it would!

So why not a penalty then if its inside the box?

I have said this before something is not right with VAR....corruption? Wrong colour shirt?, top 6 club?.....if this was any other "industry" there would be a police investigation....

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

The Ref has got to ask himself if that tackle on the Newcastle player was outside the box would it be a foul?......of course it would!

So why not a penalty then if its inside the box?

I have said this before something is not right with VAR....corruption? Wrong colour shirt?, top 6 club?.....if this was any other "industry" there would be a police investigation....

Worse - just sheer ineptitude and arrogance 

• Like 1

The VAR official should be made to explain why he didn’t get the ref to check the Kane tackle but did the Robertson one. Both red cards but Kane’s was the worse of the two in my opinion. I also hate the way that all ref’s toe the party line and stick up for each other. It’s nonsense. They are totally untouchable 

Disgusting decisions this weekend.

Xhaka and Kane should both have been sent off. The Newcastle penalty claim is absolutely laughable (laughable that they didn't get it), and there were two penalties in the liverpool/spurs game that should have been given (although I'm sure if they'd been against us some people on here would have said they were dives :D )

Really shocking stuff this weekend

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Unbelievable. And as for some of the excuses... "The ball was not under his control" for instance, since when is that a factor? 

Dunno some people were using that excuse last week...

The problem is that refs are avoiding making decisions because they have VAR to fall back on, and VAR are reluctant to correct referees. So we're stuck in a cycle of inactivity. It's a joke

Is it me or are the wrong decisions getting clearer, more dramatic, bigger?

It's almost like the refs get together for a Curry on Tuesday night and piss themselves laughing  "Have a look at this one, I didn't give it and Mike in the booth didn't even look" as they all laugh themselves sick and someone reckons they can top that next weekend and they order extra poppadoms and laugh at John Moss for having had enough already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst I agree the ref was poor today I find it a joke how Liverpool fans are going on about it as if it’s the biggest Injustice there’s ever been in football. You get away with stuff all the time you words removed. Get over it.

Remember, there are Man Utd fans who think they are routinely hard done by by referees. There is no depth of selective bias to which football fans will not sink.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it me or are the wrong decisions getting clearer, more dramatic, bigger?

It's almost like the refs get together for a Curry on Tuesday night and piss themselves laughing  "Have a look at this one, I didn't give it and Mike in the booth didn't even look" as they all laugh themselves sick and someone reckons they can top that next weekend and they order extra poppadoms and laugh at John Moss for having had enough already.

Four naan, John? Four? That’s insane.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

One of the worst VAR calls ever in the Milan Napoli game. 

Worst thing ti ever happen in football 

Interfering with play while lying down after being tackled (possible pen), that's a new one

Edited by a-k

Â