The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Madness, I'd say that dressing room would have been interesting after the game.

No idea what they were saying but the pundit in seat 2 L to R was hilarious, sort of like a raging spoof Nazi. 

Marvellous.

He is saying that you can't dive like that when it's your own teammate that pushes you. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Keepers diving to get teammates in trouble and players in Brazil diving trying to get referees sent off.

Add to that,the longer half time suggestion and football/soccer has lost its way alltogether.

What has Messi down this last year? Genuine question.

No league or champs league trophy. Did he win a cup? Ah, guess he got the Copa at last thanks to Emi.

Not really doing too much at PSG either. 

Lewa must be so pissed off. Almost guaranteed winner when it was called off a few seasons ago and now looks to have been done on a popularity vote. 

Leeds chairman comparing the idea of any sort of oversight of the billionaires running football to the "Maoist collective agriculturalism" in his programme notes tonight.

The collective chairmen have got their knickers as twisted as a pigs tail at the thought of having to follow some rules.

Tit.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leeds chairman comparing the idea of any sort of oversight of the billionaires running football to the "Maoist collective agriculturalism" in his programme notes tonight.

The collective chairmen have got their knickers as twisted as a pigs tail at the thought of having to follow some rules.

Tit.

Brilliant, presumably the first time Tracey Crouch has been called a 'Maoist' lol. 

21 hours ago, May-Z said:

What has Messi down this last year? Genuine question.

No league or champs league trophy. Did he win a cup? Ah, guess he got the Copa at last thanks to Emi.

Not really doing too much at PSG either. 

Lewa must be so pissed off. Almost guaranteed winner when it was called off a few seasons ago and now looks to have been done on a popularity vote. 

Pretty much a goal a game and double digit assists in an absolutely horrendous Barcelona team.

The Premier league are on a massive propaganda push around this - they are terrified of the idea of a body with oversight and any sort of regulation.

Bless him, the Leeds chairman has tried to have a push for team CEO, but he's made a right wazzock of himself.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Premier league are on a massive propaganda push around this - they are terrified of the idea of a body with oversight and any sort of regulation.

It's curious in a way that the (or part of) entertainment industry "needs" to have a government regulator. It's also curious that people think that a Government appointed regulator, acting under a remit from the Government of the day will automatically be beneficial to Football.

There are absolutely loads of things that could be improved for supporters, clubs from lower leagues and for staff who work for football clubs and so on. Whether Appointing [Seb Coe] to follow the diktat of [Nadine Dorries & Boris Johnson] is the solution seems to me to be "somewhat doubtful" as a panacea.

[names are examples, could be whoever, but hopefully it makes the point].

I'm unsure if I'm honest 

I don't trust the PL to do anything other than make an insane amount of money because at its core its greedy as **** and incredibly successful 

But at the same time I don't trust the government to do anything good and appoint someone sensible and qualified 

There is too much money in football, the disparity between 4th and 8th is a joke let alone 4th and 80th 

The main thing for me would be to target the CL money but they won't 

The main thing for me is protections around things like the league structure, so that Premier league B teams don't go into League 1 and 2 and so that we can't have further fracturing of the league structure with super leagues and so on. I'd like to see more protection of the cultural aspects of clubs so that if the owner of the LA Rams buys Sunderland he can't force them to play in Blue and Yellow and so that someone can't buy Burnley and move them to Dublin, I'd like English league games played in England, I'd like the success of the game to be measured by its impact on communities rather than the size of its TV deals. I like the idea of having fans voices at board level and a greater concern for the overall health of the game rather than the continued concentration of its wealth into less and less hands and where that will inevitably take us.

The pandemic has fractured some things and there are elements of the game competing and eating each other because of the impossibility of the model of permanent growth - that's giving us an awful lot of stupid ideas at all sorts of levels of the game, from FIFA's fortnightly world cup, to the European Super league, to 25 minute half times to world cups in a sandcastle of blood, the frantic grabbing for the largest slice of the income that's out there is putting the integrity of the game at risk. If this can help with that in any respect, then I'm all for it.

Our democracies might well be f***ed beyond all recognition, but I'm still pretty much convinced that the voters of the North East care more about what Newcastle United football club is than the House of Saud do. I think anything that helps the people get a voice in a conversation dominated by capital has to be a step in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

Â