The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know it's said without fully considering the implications in a romantic halfwitted thought, but I kind of wish clubs like us could spare 500 k and just wipe their debt for a fresh start. 500 k to us is probably less then we spend on shoe polish. 

If all 20 PL clubs chipped in it would be £25,000 each.

The issue is that if such a system was brought in you just know that it would be gamed by unscrupulous arseholes, the same way anything decent gets gamed in this world, look at the benefit system, it should be a great thing but it’s hamstrung by all the false claims.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It should also be added that Macclesfield Town were owned by a very dodgy sounding character from abroad so how well run the club was is up for debate.

The continued failure of the EFL to fully vet owners is a stain on the game. Shame on them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I bet we’ll pay Jack more than take over the next 4 weeks. There’s probably lots of reasons why clubs can’t bail out other clubs though.

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know it's said without fully considering the implications in a romantic halfwitted thought, but I kind of wish clubs like us could spare 500 k and just wipe their debt for a fresh start. 500 k to us is probably less then we spend on shoe polish. 

5 hours ago, penguin said:

There seemingly does need to be more "trickle down" and then measures in place to ensure this assistance is used wisely/correctly and wages aren't just inflated alongside it.

Clubs going bust over £500k while Premier League clubs are spending x100 times that on single players isn't right. Yet if anything the "big" clubs are pushing for deals where they alone get an even more disproportionate share of the TV money.

In the insurance industry(UK), there is an organisation called Motor Insurers Bureau. Every insurer pays into the organisation, to cover uninsured/untraced drivers. Maybe football could do something similar, with the higher league clubs putting in more than lower. 
I guess then though, you would have some unscrupulous owners, deliberately running up debt to get the “bail out” money

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I was listening to PoF with Kieran Maguire the other day and apparently Bill Kenwright was trying to give about a million quid to help save Bury but it's against league rules. 

Absolute shame that clubs can't go and do that. 

• 4 weeks later...

Luis Suarez reaction to leaving Barcelona, he probably was treated badly but the OTT reaction really is rubbish. You would think he was being made unemployed and is currently living on the street

• Like 3

Not sure what I like less, the news that the Premier League are price-gouging again by making some fixtures PPV on top of a standard sports package, or the flooding of Twitter with a million moaning Georgies responding to posts on this unrelated matter whining because they aren't owned by Mohammed bin Salman.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Luis Suarez reaction to leaving Barcelona, he probably was treated badly but the OTT reaction really is rubbish. You would think he was being made unemployed and is currently living on the street

Can't summon up any sympathy for a multi millionaire racist biting shit. 

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

Can't summon up any sympathy for a multi millionaire racist biting shit. 

Yep.

I have far more sympathy for youngsters released by clubs who have no money, no qualifications and no skills outside of playing football.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe the wrong thread but both Zlatan and Bale have come out against EA Sports for using the likeness in FIFA saying they arent in FIFPRO. Interesting to see how this plays out

I know Oliver Kahn had issues in the past when he was renamed in games to Jens Mustermann 😂

• Haha 1

On 25/11/2020 at 15:26, OutByEaster? said:

The new stand at Craven Cottage has a rooftop swimming pool.

While it's clearly crazy, I would love for Villa to do something behind the North Stand.

Like it or not, a lot of revenue comes from corporate hospitality so if we could get some bars, entertainment etc it would certainly bring money and create a wider match experience for families and the all important bussssnessshhhh people on bussshhhiiiinesssshhh meetings.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Inter are looking to change the badge and club name from Internazionale to Inter Milano in a rebranding move

Don’t their fans absolutely hate it if ever refer to them as Milan/Milano?

Â