The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The only way the rule becomes useful is if you have to include 2 homegrown players from the academy if want 5 subs

disagree with that because of the way they judge "homegrown"

the biggest problem with it for me isn't the squad depth its the stockpiling of players, the loan market in the championship will be **** for example, if you were to say 2 "homegrown" players then that encourages bigger teams to go shopping in other teams academies and that's something that is happening and is shit already

if that is a rule then chukwuemeka isn't at villa's academy anymore

Good thing for us thou if they have it in the Championship because we'll be the big rich club with a strong squad who can take advantage of this rule.

Providing we act like a club that knows what it's doing of course...

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2020 at 09:47, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. If a team like Villa were holding Man City for an hour and they can just bring on Aguero, Sterling, Foden, Bernardo Silva and Sane with fresh legs what chance do we have?

I think we should still be at a bench of 5 max with 3 subs. 

The more options you give the easier it is for big teams. Part of football should be picking your subs. Your defender is having a bad game? uh oh you've got none on the bench so you'll have to be creative.

These days if anyone from Man City is having a bad game Pep can turn to his 7 world class players on his bench, a keeper, two defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 attackers and do whatever he wants. It's ludicrous.

It also subsequently means that the big clubs will horde the better players more, easier to fit them in on a expanded bench. 

It just further reinforces their grip on football across the board, it’s not healthy for football unless your end goal is a big club super league which I think we can all agree is likely to be in the thoughts of those in the upper echelons of the sport, sadly.

• Like 2

Finally! Hope this corrupt piece of garbage is thrown behind bars asap.

ZURICH (Reuters) - A special prosecutor looking into dealings between Swiss Attorney General Michael Lauber and FIFA President Gianni Infantino has launched criminal proceedings against the head of world soccer and sought approval to open proceedings against Lauber, the Swiss authorities said on Thursday.

Lauber last week offered to resign after a court concluded he had covered up a meeting with Infantino and lied to supervisors while his office investigated corruption surrounding soccer’s governing body.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-swiss-soccer-fifa/swiss-special-prosecutor-launches-probe-against-fifa-boss-infantino-idUKKCN24V27O?il=0

• Like 3

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

They need to smoke out each and every grifter in FIFA, and aspiring grifter. Embarrassing scummy bastards.

We thought that was what they were doing after Blatter and Platini... then appoint the slime ball Infantino who is now being investigated for corruption.

I just don't like the smug arrogance of the man. One of those faces you'd love to wipe the smile off.

I seem to recall that he ran as the anti-corruption candidate in 2016 as well?

Just reading the Wikipedia article about that election, and some things immediately leap out. Possible candidates included:

'List of excluded candidates

• Michel Platini, UEFA President; announced his bid on 29 July 2015;[17] suspended by FIFA on 8 October 2015;[18] excluded from the presidential race on 21 December 2015 due to corruption and accepting bribes.[19]
  • Musa Bility, President of the Liberia Football Association; announced his bid on 26 October 2015;[20] excluded from the presidential race on 12 November 2015 after failing an integrity check.[21]

[...]

Previously interested in bidding

• Sepp Blatter,[8] incumbent President, suspended by FIFA pending an investigation into ethics violations on 8 October 2015.[18]
  • Chung Alf Garnett word-joon,[23] South Korean businessman and politician, banned from footballing activity for six years on 8 October 2015.[18]
  • Jérôme Valcke,[24] suspended by FIFA pending an investigation into ethics violations on 8 October 2015.[18]'

Also can't help but note the healthy culture and lack of opportunities for just open bribery:

'The unexpected victory of Infantino over Salman, named a heavy favorite in the lead-up to the election,[34] surprised some observers;[35] a bloc in opposition to Salman is speculated to have tipped the second round vote in Infantino's favor.[36] United States Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati and other CONCACAF federations played a key role in Infantino's margin of victory, reportedly shifting their vote from Prince Ali to Infantino after a series of conversations between the two rounds of voting.

[...]

Blatter later congratulated Infantino, but warned that he must stay vigilant and that in the job "friends become rare".[40]'

(from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_FIFA_Extraordinary_Congress)

Just a terrible organisation.

• 3 weeks later...

https://chinapost.nownews.com/20200902-1704893

The US department of justice paving the way for American companies to be able to sue FIFA and the leagues (Including the Premier League) for not having league games in the USA. It's a restriction of American companies ability to make money innit.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Justice Department has entered into a sports dispute involving the company of a longtime friend of President Donald Trump, warning FIFA that a prohibition against staging league matches internationally could violate American antitrust laws.

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

https://chinapost.nownews.com/20200902-1704893

The US department of justice having the way for American companies to be able to sue FIFA and the leagues (Including the Premier League) for not having league games in the USA. It's a restriction of American companies ability to make money innit.

What a load of old w4nk! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Macclesfield Town are gone, been wound up over a £500k debt.

Another historic club gone, I can’t imagine how sad it must for for the fans in these situations.

I’m sure a Phoenix club will be created but it’s not the point. 

I know it's said without fully considering the implications in a romantic halfwitted thought, but I kind of wish clubs like us could spare 500 k and just wipe their debt for a fresh start. 500 k to us is probably less then we spend on shoe polish. 

• Like 2

There seemingly does need to be more "trickle down" and then measures in place to ensure this assistance is used wisely/correctly and wages aren't just inflated alongside it.

Clubs going bust over £500k while Premier League clubs are spending x100 times that on single players isn't right. Yet if anything the "big" clubs are pushing for deals where they alone get an even more disproportionate share of the TV money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know it's said without fully considering the implications in a romantic halfwitted thought, but I kind of wish clubs like us could spare 500 k and just wipe their debt for a fresh start. 500 k to us is probably less then we spend on shoe polish. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. I bet we’ll pay Jack more than take over the next 4 weeks. There’s probably lots of reasons why clubs can’t bail out other clubs though.

Â