The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Posted this the other day about him.... The kid will be worth double in 2 years. Phenomenal talent and expected to surpass Neymar. But yeah, the game has gone. 

Yeah he'll be worth it no doubt, the hype around him is as big as any Brazilian in the last decade and Madrid have already struck gold with rodrygo and vicinius 

For me it's more just a case of if they're snapping up the worlds best 16 years olds for that kind of money what chance do the rest of us have? There's not even any kind of stepping stone or development elsewhere, the crazy thing is the fifa rules mean he can't join until he's 18 either so it'll be interesting to see if Palmeiras play him and try and cash in on the publicity while they can or just leave him in the youth team

If the 2nd coming of Maradona came through villas youth set up do you think he'd make it to his 17th birthday before leaving us? It's just another sign of the futility of it all for me

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah he'll be worth it no doubt, the hype around him is as big as any Brazilian in the last decade and Madrid have already struck gold with rodrygo and vicinius 

For me it's more just a case of if they're snapping up the worlds best 16 years olds for that kind of money what chance do the rest of us have? There's not even any kind of stepping stone or development elsewhere, the crazy thing is the fifa rules mean he can't join until he's 18 either so it'll be interesting to see if Palmeiras play him and try and cash in on the publicity while they can or just leave him in the youth team

If the 2nd coming of Maradona came through villas youth set up do you think he'd make it to his 17th birthday before leaving us? It's just another sign of the futility of it all for me

I agree, we'll never be able to compete with Madrid, however, we've also been pretty busy when it comes to bringing in the best youth domestically, snapping up some of the best prospects in the Country, admittedly not to the tune of 70m, 2 years in advance though.  I'm sure if you asked most of the clubs we'd been poaching off the last few years their argument would be similar in pointing the finger at us. We are just further up the food chain but not far enough to cast our net as wide because we don't have the same prestige or even swim in the same ocean as Madrid. I'm sure though most owners in the PL could afford the 70m over a couple of years, but it's the club prestige, European football and the promise of ridiculous shady wages that kills it. God I'm depressed now. I want a 70m wonderkid in 2 years. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Palmeiras fans love him and want to see him play weekly until he leaves so the club wouldnt want to stop fans watching him. They already have the money so whats to lose

Real have a good record from Brazil in recent seasons and are doing a good job of cleaning up young talents around the world

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We brought through a guy many called the heir to Gazza, made him captain, and didn't sell him until his mid-twenties for £100m so I think this is unnecessarily pessimistic. 

The biggest obstacles to us *developing* a talent like Endrick are that British kids don't play that way and post-Brexit visa rules mean we could never sign him or an equivalent nowadays. 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2022 at 13:49, Zatman said:

Palmeiras fans love him and want to see him play weekly until he leaves so the club wouldnt want to stop fans watching him. They already have the money so whats to lose

Real have a good record from Brazil in recent seasons and are doing a good job of cleaning up young talents around the world

What happens if he tears a cruciate or gets a double compound fracture?

Surely Madrid don't just say here's 72 million and we'll see you in 2 years try not to get injured?

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Surely Madrid don't just say here's 72 million and we'll see you in 2 years try not to get injured?

They'll have insurance policies out for every player. 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

They are also not going to pay 72 million for a player that will lose 2 years of his development by not playing which is a lot at 16

5 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

They will? How do insurance companies make a profit? Large enough organizations will self-insure.

Insulation companies make a profit from all of the policies which aren't claimed against. If something unexpected happened to one of our players we wouldn't just swallow that loss we'd put a claim in. Any organisation will insure against any commodity that could massively impact their finances, including people.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Insulation companies make a profit from all of the policies which aren't claimed against. If something unexpected happened to one of our players we wouldn't just swallow that loss we'd put a claim in. Any organisation will insure against any commodity that could massively impact their finances, including people.

I'm sure Real Madrid will have a air tight contract with them

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Not exactly ... insurance companies make a profit over an aggregate (or portfolio) of policies. Of course, there will be ups and downs. The price of policies will reflect past history, current events and trends. So if an organization is rich enough it will, or perhaps should, self-insure. If the price of policies does not represent the aggregate reality then the insurance company will go bust.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Not exactly ... insurance companies make a profit over an aggregate (or portfolio) of policies. Of course, there will be ups and downs. The price of policies will reflect past history, current events and trends. So if an organization is rich enough it will, or perhaps should, self-insure. If the price of policies does not represent the aggregate reality then the insurance company will go bust.

Getting back to the original point, clubs take out insurance to cover players as described in the below. 

https://soofootball.com/football-players-insurance-the-definitive-guide/

This link gives some of the more interesting policies that have been taken out. 

https://www.abbeyautoline.co.uk/knowledge-hub/living/the-top-10-most-expensive-athlete-insurance-policies-of-all-time/

16 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

That's heart warming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of head injuries and concussion, I noticed in last night's game that former Wasps Rugby head of medical services, Ali James has joined Villa. He was on the pitch treating Leon Bailey. Thought his faced looked familiar, the AJ on his coat just about confirmed it was him. . He was a busy man during Wasps games so we saw plenty of him! Obviously he's been brought in for his head injury expertise. 

I have to admit I’m finding myself losing interest big time. Missed quite a few World Cup games too whereas in the past I’d watch them all. If I haven't got a bet on a game I don’t bother watching. At the moment I’ll still obviously watch Villa games but my excitement for the next one is waining.  I used to watch all the press conferences and build up etc but now I just can’t be arsed. 

I’m not sure I’ll even renew next year.

Im sure it’s nothing to do with the game being gone. It’s probably just me becoming a miserable git.

11 hours ago, a-k said:

NHS nurse yearly salary per 2 hours

What does a contract in Saudi Arabia have to with a nurses pay?

no one has said to the nurses sorry we can’t pay you more we have to fund Ronaldo’s contract?

and please believe I am not a Ronaldo fan and I support all of the strikes.

Edited by MellbergsBeard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â