The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the "journalists" need to be looked into. Scum like that Romano constantly tweeting transfer rumours is a form of tapping up especially when he has so many big 6 bots then retweeting it

Yeah, I never really considered his role in it but then when you wonder how he earns his money, he must get paid by agents and clubs.

• Like 1

The money floating around at the moment is genuinely insane. Good players that haven't really done much of anything are regularly going for 50m+

I dread to think how much the next 'superstar' will go for, something like 500m for an mbappe doesn't sound as far away as it once did, are we actually going to see a billion pound player in the near future...

FFS!

"The Premier League is partnering with French fantasy sports platform Sorare to sell non-fungible tokens (NFTs), a sign that the sporting world is continuing to embrace digital assets despite the rout in markets.

The deal gives Sorare a four-year license to sell digital sports cards of players from all 20 Premier League clubs, Sorare said in a statement on Monday.

Sky News reported in October that the deal could be worth 30 million pounds ($37.13 million) per year. Sorare declined to comment on whether the figure cited by Sky News was accurate."

https://www.reuters.com/technology/premier-league-signs-nft-deal-with-softbank-backed-sorare-2023-01-30/

8 minutes ago, villakram said:

FFS!

"The Premier League is partnering with French fantasy sports platform Sorare to sell non-fungible tokens (NFTs), a sign that the sporting world is continuing to embrace digital assets despite the rout in markets.

The deal gives Sorare a four-year license to sell digital sports cards of players from all 20 Premier League clubs, Sorare said in a statement on Monday.

Sky News reported in October that the deal could be worth 30 million pounds ($37.13 million) per year. Sorare declined to comment on whether the figure cited by Sky News was accurate."

https://www.reuters.com/technology/premier-league-signs-nft-deal-with-softbank-backed-sorare-2023-01-30/

Digital sports cards? This is very much world's gone when it comes to NFTs, not just football

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Digital sports cards? This is very much world's gone when it comes to NFTs, not just football

Swiping left to like and then let's see what the god of QR code will reveal. A different kind of magic for sure. I suppose it's not all that different to the various level of $ based loot boxing endemic to computer games now.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, villakram said:

FFS!

I'm not a fan of this but how different is it from charging kids a fortune for a pack of stickers?

6 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

The money floating around at the moment is genuinely insane. Good players that haven't really done much of anything are regularly going for 50m+

It's got to come crashing down eventually. 

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm not a fan of this but how different is it from charging kids a fortune for a pack of stickers?

The point of this is that - in theory - these would be unique and have financial value isn't it?

If so, it's a bit different from stickers. Panini might be a rip-off - they are - but nobody tries to fill up a sticker book thinking they're making a sound financial investment. 

Looking to shake down and con their fans for about £1.5m per club. What's that,  a month of wages for some of the higher earners? There is never enough money for these parasites.

The PL is **** disgusting.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Looking to shake down and con their fans for about £1.5m per club. What's that,  a month of wages for some of the higher earners? There is never enough money for these parasites.

The PL is **** disgusting.

It won't be that much

The PL themselves will cream a load off the top first

Don't forget the last 2 chairmen of the PL have been from a marketing background and the new upcoming chairwoman is obviously qualified for the job thanks to her background in banking

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The point of this is that - in theory - these would be unique and have financial value isn't it?

If so, it's a bit different from stickers. Panini might be a rip-off - they are - but nobody tries to fill up a sticker book thinking they're making a sound financial investment. 

A quick Google suggests some people see Panini stickers as extremely valuable:

Below is the most extreme example I could see but there were plenty at about £250 each. 

My original point was football has been selling worthless junk to people for ridiculous prices for ages, this just seems like the next unpleasant step on that path. I remember spending a ridiculous amount on stickers when I was young trying to complete the Villa/England squads. It's all a con.

Compress_20230131_062134_4814.jpg

Edited by Rds1983
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I have an unopened box of France 98 stickers, if that Ronaldo sticker goes for that I'm sitting on a gold mine. 

The biggest surprise to me was Zidane was going for about £250. He was one of the faces of the tournament and a star for Juventus, so you'd have thought he'd have been a fairly common card and one people would've kept.

Â