The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Speak for yourself, I'd be looking to ban it entirely not make the rules more liberal

I have been very much against us buying the Portuguese club

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Utterly different scenarios and you know it. Feeder clubs have existed for the longest time. 

The only reason it's an 'utterly different scenario' is we don't look like qualifying for European competition now (or frankly at any point). If we did, and they did, it would be exactly the same scenario. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The only reason it's an 'utterly different scenario' is we don't look like qualifying for European competition now (or frankly at any point). If we did, and they did, it would be exactly the same scenario. 

We've also ensured we take the largest stake we can without falling foul of these rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Lots of clubs have feeders. This isn’t anything new or wrong. Bournemouth owners have a significant stake in Lorient in France. 

47 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lots of clubs have feeders. This isn’t anything new or wrong. Bournemouth owners have a significant stake in Lorient in France. 

Yes, the feeder angle to it is a different scenario.

There are good arguments why that too could be banned, although all other feeder club scenarios don't entail them figuring in the same competition, or the owner not owning enough to have a majority. 

But fundamentally, two clubs majority owned by the same person should never play each other competitively.

It's interesting that our ownership of Vitoria is set below the threshold where it wouldn't prevent us playing each other, but it aligns with the current rules. If they relax them, solely to allow man utd to be sold, its a joke. I wouldn't be in favour of that. And if they tightened them, we are all back to a more level playing field. 

This is less a game's gone thing and more 'I'm a crotchety old man' thing.

I don't like player of the match. Down to ten players. Ten player England. 

Why can't it be men and women? They are men and women. Is it a trans inclusion thing? I find it jarring and unnecessary and i don't see who it helps. 

Edited by YLN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Why can't it be men and women? They are men and women. Is it a trans inclusion thing? I find it jarring and unnecessary and i don't see who it helps. 

If they were playing mixed teams then it would make sense. But they're not. I'm not sure it's a necessary thing until that happens.

In theory,  would a woman be allowed to play for a PL team? If so, then it may make sense.

• Like 1

I suppose it's easier to just say player of the match then it's your normal phrase, rather than let slip man of the match in a women's game. That's bound to upset some keyboard warrior. Having said that I've watched most of the Villa women's games, you'll always here the players shout  man on.

2 hours ago, YLN said:

I suppose the flip side is, why is it a problem?  They are playing football.  Player Of The Match makes sense.

Is it just a change thing?

• 4 weeks later...

I find this really sad to watch tbh.

'Entitled, overpaid and RUDE': Arsenal stars are SLAMMED as the club share footage of 'classless' players ignoring a young mascot as they stop to sign her shirt outside their dressing room

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11984493/Arsenal-players-slammed-footage-team-appearing-ignore-young-mascot.html#comments

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

'Entitled, overpaid and RUDE': Arsenal stars are SLAMMED as the club share footage of 'classless' players ignoring a young mascot as they stop to sign her shirt outside their dressing room

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11984493/Arsenal-players-slammed-footage-team-appearing-ignore-young-mascot.html#comments

karma for the players that then threw away the title later that day

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

An attitude set by the tone at the top. Arteta is a dick. Oh look, so are his players.

Compare with Emery...

On 15/03/2023 at 10:58, HanoiVillan said:

This looks interesting now 👀

Vitoria seems to be throwing their European chances, though.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

That clip isn’t great, they could at least look at her, a smile, a hello, take their bloody headphones out for half a second. It’s not a good look.

That being said, and being slightly to offer any argument on their behalf, there was more interaction elsewhere. The same young girl can clearly be seen having a little chat with Odegaard at the end the clip so we can’t say how indifferent the players were throughout the day, or however long she was in their company.

My main takeaway is the Arsenal media team either need to have a quick chat with the playing staff about player-supporter interaction or the media team itself should review what it thinks positive content looks like.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

On 24/03/2023 at 13:42, bobzy said:

I suppose the flip side is, why is it a problem?  They are playing football.  Player Of The Match makes sense.

Is it just a change thing?

What if they identify themselves as "onside"

That would cause chaos surely?

• Haha 1

On 24/03/2023 at 12:58, MrBlack said:

If they were playing mixed teams then it would make sense. But they're not. I'm not sure it's a necessary thing until that happens.

In theory,  would a woman be allowed to play for a PL team? If so, then it may make sense.

If they were good enough to possibly complete them maybe but being as the all conquering US women's team were bashed by a boys under 15 team its never gonna happen 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

Â