The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Arlo White on NBC just said, "For the last time this season in a few moments it will be the famous You'll Never Walk Alone song from the Liverpool fans - you won't want to miss that."

:puke:

Despise that song. How uplifting, an everytime before a game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Arlo White on NBC just said, "For the last time this season in a few moments it will be the famous You'll Never Walk Alone song from the Liverpool fans - you won't want to miss that."

:puke:

NBC sports is about is good as NBC news.  When they first started covering the premier league Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle were well-respected.  Now their bias towards the "big six" is beyond pathetic. Earle especially is really disappointing - I used to really enjoy his commentary....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FLVillan said:

NBC sports is about is good as NBC news.  When they first started covering the premier league Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle were well-respected.  Now their bias towards the "big six" is beyond pathetic. Earle especially is really disappointing - I used to really enjoy his commentary....

Don’t forget their idea for “Manchester Mondays” a few years ago where NBC Sports would just replay old ManUre and £iteh matches

4 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Don’t forget their idea for “Manchester Mondays” a few years ago where NBC Sports would just replay old ManUre and £iteh matches

Glad I missed that!  I've noticed that Higginbotham hasn't been on the air much recently.  Was he sidelined because he didn't gush over the Sky Six?  What really does my head in is that Earle and Mustoe never played for the so-called elite clubs, so you'd expect them to have a bit more balance.  But they stick to the NBC script and make sure the pay checks keep coming.... 🙄

• Like 1

TBF M'Bappe wouldn't have got £2m a week, the ability to pick the team, the ability to sack the manager and the Eifel Tower renamed the Kylian M'Bappe Tower between midday and 2pm on Tuesdays if Real Madrid hadn't been at the heart of his renegotiations.   Least he can do is ask his agent to put out a tweet. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61507085.amp

"A footballer has been secretly filmed helping to recruit players to spot-fix matches.

A BBC undercover investigation showed former Llanelli footballer Emile N'Goy, his brother Hermes N'Goy and three European players discussing the illegal activity with undercover journalists."

Illegal activity being discussed by current footballers and it's barely a big story. 

On 22/05/2022 at 16:26, foreveryoung said:

Despise that song. How uplifting, an everytime before a game.

It creates an incredible atmosphere though. Something we seriously lack. 

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

It creates an incredible atmosphere though. Something we seriously lack. 

Yeah something that used to belong to everyone but they stole.....

Great atmosphere those lovely Liverpudlian scallywags.......

Watch the game after about 8 mins and it's an actual library.

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Didnt take relegation well then

They've had form for it earlier in the season too.  French football has been absolutely marred by fan violence this season.

On 26/05/2022 at 07:42, Rds1983 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61507085.amp

"A footballer has been secretly filmed helping to recruit players to spot-fix matches.

A BBC undercover investigation showed former Llanelli footballer Emile N'Goy, his brother Hermes N'Goy and three European players discussing the illegal activity with undercover journalists."

Illegal activity being discussed by current footballers and it's barely a big story. 

I'm not even slightly surprised it happens at that level of football. The players don't earn that much, earning a few hundred quid here and there for giving away a throw in or free kick, with the only victim being the bookies? Must be pretty tempting.

• 2 weeks later...

JD Sports, Elite and Rangers fixed prices of replica shirts, says CMA

Retailers and club could face fines after watchdog finds they broke competition law

JD Sports and Elite Sports, along with Rangers Football Club, broke competition law by fixing the prices of some Rangers-branded clothing to keep them high at the expense of fans, Britain’s competition watchdog has found.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), which has been investigating the matter since December 2020, said sports retailers Elite and JD fixed the retail prices of a number of Rangers-branded replica kits and other clothing products from September 2018 until at least July 2019.

Rangers FC also took part in the alleged collusion, by fixing the retail price of adult home short-sleeved replica shirts from September 2018 until at least mid-November of that year. All three companies allegedly colluded to stop JD undercutting the retail price of the shirt on Elite’s Gers Online store, the watchdog said.

If its provisional findings are confirmed, the companies can expect to face fines.

Michael Grenfell, the executive director of enforcement at the CMA, said: “We don’t hesitate to take action when we have concerns that companies may be working together to keep costs up.

“Football fans are well known for their loyalty towards their teams. We are concerned that, in this case, Elite, JD Sports and, to some extent, Rangers, may have colluded to keep prices high, so that the two retailers could pocket more money for themselves at the expense of fans.”

JD said it would review the CMA’s findings with its advisers, and will make a provision of £2m in its results for the year to 29 January, reflecting its estimate of the potential penalty, including legal costs.

At the time, Elite was the manufacturer of Rangers-branded clothing and also sold the products directly through its Gers Online store and later in physical shops in Glasgow and Belfast. The only UK-wide big retailer selling those products at the time was JD Sports.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jun/07/jd-sports-elite-rangers-prices-replica-shirts-cma

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Harry Kane diving for a penalty which enabled him to beat Bobby Charlton's scoring record.

Ah but it is clever from Kane..... It is bloody cheating. really boils my Urine when commentators are always saying how clever it is when Kane goes down after 'getting tackled' in the box....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/1534517162089529344?s=20&t=ZyVKvc1I2b5uzGVBl8nbQA

This is the worst thing I have ever seen. 

*Can someone tell me how to embed tweets?

It's only saying don't put United vs City, or Liverpool vs Chelsea on that day. I definitely feel like the Coefficient allowing them to qualify for the champions league if they dont qualify is worse.

They'll still play, just not against one of the other big 6.

Assuming that they'll still be the top 6 on that weekend is a bit of a joke, given where Spurs and United were in November the year just gone.

Â