The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

First 4 home games of the season:

Saturday 12:30pm

Sunday 2pm

Saturday 5:30pm

Friday 8pm

Full spectrum. Next scheduled 3pm VP game is October 15th and is against Chelsea so May well get moved too.

On 05/07/2022 at 19:38, Zatman said:

Twitter and any online platform should be banning people spreading allegations 

No they should be liable for anything that they publish on their platform. So if someone defames you and publishes it on their app then you should be able to sue twitter for libel. Newspapers are liable for what their journalists write (for good reason) but social media companies aren't liable for what their users publish. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

No they should be liable for anything that they publish on their platform. So if someone defames you and publishes it on their app then you should be able to sue twitter for libel. Newspapers are liable for what their journalists write (for good reason) but social media companies aren't liable for what their users publish. 

If you write something libellous on a document and then show it during a Teams meeting, Microsoft aren't liable.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

VT and every other website with user-generated content would probably be shut down if this were the law.

There is a distinction between platforms, that allow free and open access to others to post their own content, and publishers which have reviewed, approved, and taken responsibility for said content.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Barcelona owe Frenkie De Jong 17 million in unpaid wages yet are still happily signing players on sinilar deals

Nothing dodgy at all

I hate everything that Barcelona have become.

They'll still start the season fine, with all their new signings with no repercussions for the club. Roll out Mes Que En Club bollocks and tell the world we should all be lucky to watch Barcelona exist

• Like 2

Yeah me too, I was a big fan of theirs in the 90s and 00s but I've drifted away and now completely stopped, makes me wonder if I could actually do the same should villa get a man City / Newcastle style takeover, villa is far far deeper rooted 

Now they're everything that Perez and agnelli talked up as being the need for the ESL, they should be allowed to sign whoever they want because football fans around the world want to see the best players play for them... **** that entitlement its absolute bollocks, I actually think they're worse than the oil clubs, at least the oil clubs don't care about competition and challenge they just know they can beat it, these old top table clubs treat us like shit on their shoe, they don't want competition they just want money 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah me too, I was a big fan of theirs in the 90s and 00s but I've drifted away and now completely stopped, makes me wonder if I could actually do the same should villa get a man City / Newcastle style takeover, villa is far far deeper rooted 

Now they're everything that Perez and agnelli talked up as being the need for the ESL, they should be allowed to sign whoever they want because football fans around the world want to see the best players play for them... **** that entitlement its absolute bollocks, I actually think they're worse than the oil clubs, at least the oil clubs don't care about competition and challenge they just know they can beat it, these old top table clubs treat us like shit on their shoe, they don't want competition they just want money 

It is really is the beautiful game.

Â