The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

Just now, MrBlack said:

It's only saying don't put United vs City, or Liverpool vs Chelsea on that day. I definitely feel like the Coefficient allowing them to qualify for the champions league if they dont qualify is worse.

They'll still play, just not against one of the other big 6.

Assuming that they'll still be the top 6 on that weekend is a bit of a joke, given where Spurs and United were in November the year just gone.

I know, but don't you find that very wrong? The FA is saying that some teams are "better" or "more important" than others. 

Who's to say what the world cup will team will be? Why can Declan Rice or Mings or Trippier play against elite teams, but Grealish or Henderson can't? 

Oh, because it's the "sky big 6". F off. 

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I know, but don't you find that very wrong? The FA is saying that some teams are "better" or "more important" than others. 

Who's to say what the world cup will team will be? Why can Declan Rice or Mings or Trippier play against elite teams, but Grealish or Henderson can't? 

Yes, it is wrong and "unfair". But it's just the latest in a long line of unfair things they're attempting to favour them.

VAR bias and my previous EU coefficient thing boils my piss far more.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

would be brilliant if that was approved and then rice, phillips, pickford et al all get injured that weekend

Draw them against the new Burnley... guess that's Everton with them signing Tarkowski. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

would be brilliant if that was approved and then rice, phillips, pickford et al all get injured that weekend

Ben Mee signs for Fulham and goes through Walker, Foden, Grealish, Sterling and Stones in one game

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I imagine every league is going to be looking for ways to 'creatively' help get their players to the tournament in the best condition possible.

It's not great, obviously, but it's not a big surprise.

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sven demanded/requested the PL season finish earlier than usual to allow 4 weeks (I think) clear break before England’s first WC game. 

So the players could go be bored as **** in a hotel 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Sven demanded/requested the PL season finish earlier than usual to allow 4 weeks (I think) clear break before England’s first WC game. 

Are you using this as an example to say what the FA are doing now isn't that bad?

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Are you using this as an example to say what the FA are doing now isn't that bad?

Yeah cos it is

If the FA said give us another week or even 4 weeks it'd be shit but no real foul play

This top 6 request is bullshit 

And to me the insult to injury is that its actually pretty pointless, the risk of injury doesn't change unless the FA are then going to ask clubs to rest players too which won't happen, almost implying that top 6 vs top 6 games are played with more intensity which is nonsense, if Harry Kane plays vs villa or plays vs Man City that weekend what is the actual difference? Playing vs mings is easier? He's less likely to be kicked? Because I don't think either of those are true, the latter is probably the opposite, if Kanes going to get snapped in 2 that weekend it probably won't be by Ruben Dias or VVD

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I imagine every league is going to be looking for ways to 'creatively' help get their players to the tournament in the best condition possible.

It's not great, obviously, but it's not a big surprise.

Exactly. I highly doubt we'll be seeing either Madrid v Barcelona or B Munich v Dortmund the weekend before the WC

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I’m using it as an example of national team managers meddling in the league fixtures to ensure they reduce the chance of players being tired / being injured in the run up to a major tournament.

The detail is in what is not written here. Southgate is suggesting that if “big teams” are playing “small teams” then they might want to think about resting their star England players. I think that’s what he’s getting at.

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ben Mee signs for Fulham and goes through Walker, Foden, Grealish, Sterling and Stones in one game

You're underestimating Ben Mee. I'd fancy him to do it in one tackle.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m using it as an example of national team managers meddling in the league fixtures to ensure they reduce the chance of players being tired / being injured in the run up to a major tournament.

The detail is in what is not written here. Southgate is suggesting that if “big teams” are playing “small teams” then they might want to think about resting their star England players. I think that’s what he’s getting at.

OK.  But impacting the whole league equally (as in svens case) doesn't sound at all bad to me.  The current FA scenario is impacting some teams more than others and just smacks of complete disregard for any club outside the big 6.

It even confirms that the FA view the big 6 differently from the rest of the football pyramid, and that they've actually referred to them as such.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

OK.  But impacting the whole league equally (as in svens case) doesn't sound at all bad to me.  The current FA scenario is impacting some teams more than others and just smacks of complete disregard for any club outside the big 6.

It even confirms that the FA view the big 6 differently from the rest of the football pyramid, and that they've actually referred to them as such.

It is also helping the opposition teams as much as England. Belgium,Germany, Brazil, France have key players playing for the Sky 6 as well

• Like 1

Â