January transfer window 2018

Jareth

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

OT but just read an article about Christensen from chelski and his rise to the top. 

From reading it it appears that a blabber mouth Aston Villa scout may have cost us the chance to sign him. 

Typical Villa.

Yeah Alfie alps stupid moron 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Oof.  That is not the sort of loan you want.  Glad we've avoided that if true.

Grujic loan terms revealed

The Sun claim Cardiff City’s loan move for Grujic is a done deal, and contains a rather noticeable clause.

They suggest that the Bluebirds have agreed to a deal where the 21-year-old has to play or City will otherwise have to pay the Merseysiders a large cash penalty.

If true they can have him

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Rumors are Benteke would gladly rejoin us if given the chance. Problem is are either parties interested in getting him or selling him?

I find that doubtful, he couldn't wait to get away from us and would have gone after his first season had it not been for injury (IMO).

• Like 4

Besiktas in talks for Leicester's Islam Slimani

By Alan Myers and Rob Dorsett

Last Updated: 17/01/18 12:20pm

Leicester City's Algerian striker Islam Slimani could be set for a move to Besiktas

Besiktas want to sign Leicester City striker Islam Slimani, Sky Sports News understands.

The Besiktas president, Fikret Orman, was at King Power Stadium on Tuesday night to see Slimani play against Fleetwood in the FA Cup.

Talks with the Turkish club regarding the potential sale of the player are ongoing, though Leicester are yet to comment on the unfolding situation.

Slimani became Leicester's club-record signing after arriving at the King Power for £28m following the title-winning season of 2015/16.

Despite being with the Foxes for little over 18 months, Slimani could be allowed to leave after manager Claude Puel admitted he has too many strikers at the club.

Leicester are prepared to listen to offers for all of their front men, except Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki.

The Foxes will listen to offers for Slimani but won't sell their record signing on the cheap

The Foxes, however, will not sell the Algerian international on the cheap, and he remains part of club plans for the remainder of the season.

Slimani has made 17 appearances for Leicester so far during the current campaign, though has only started one Premier League game since September. In all competitions, the 29-year-old has come up with five goals and one assist.

Leonardo Ulloa is another player that Leicester are prepared to let go, if the deal is right.

Sky sources understand Aston Villa have made an approach to take him on loan, but a number of other clubs are also interested in the Argentine.

Fresh Twist

4 minutes ago, jim said:

I find that doubtful, he couldn't wait to get away from us and would have gone after his first season had it not been for injury (IMO).

He couldn't wait to get away from us so he signed a new contract....? 

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

He couldn't wait to get away from us so he signed a new contract....? 

If I can't get away I may as well take a few million extra pounds. lol, not unheard of to be honest.

Anyway, times change, he probably wanted to get away thinking he would go on to world domination, but it has not panned out how he expected.

He was a star here, in a similar way to Kodjia now was/is.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I can't get away I may as well take a few million extra pounds. lol, not unheard of to be honest.

Anyway, times change, he probably wanted to get away thinking he would go on to world domination, but it has not panned out how he expected.

He was a start here, in a similar way to Kodjia now was/is.

Certainly in a bigger way than Kodjia IMO. Last season the comparisons were definitely there to be made as they were both our only source of goals and we were in trouble with them. Benteke was truly special though, best striker I've seen play for us, hands down. I know that you should never go back but I'd take him on loan in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave J said:

Football is all about opinions and mine is no more relevant than yours - but I personally would not describe Ulloa as being good technically- but definitely agree Benteke is 

I can only assume you haven’t seen much of him playing. 

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Remember that Friday afternoon when Benteke signed a new deal. One of the ITKs on here broke the news when he was a cert to go to Spurs that summer.

wouldn't pay us £25m for Benteke and paid £26m for the 30 year old Soldado instead :crylaugh:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

Remember that Friday afternoon when Benteke signed a new deal. One of the ITKs on here broke the news when he was a cert to go to Spurs that summer.

I was on holiday, sitting outside a café, and read it in a (print) newspaper. Got a load of funny looks when I leapt up, shouting "YESSSS!!!"  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I can only assume you haven’t seen much of him playing. 

Oh yes I have seen him allright and this is how I arrived at my conclusion of him - but hey this is a forum and I respect your opinion 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

wouldn't pay us £25m for Benteke and paid £26m for the 30 year old Soldado instead :crylaugh:

They weren't to far wrong. Benteke has been an expensive flop since leaving us. 

9 hours ago, jim said:

I agree....No thanks, don't like his overall attitude.

He expects everything on a plate......Klopp identified his lack of movement.....its got worse not better, since he left us.

I seen him gesticulating in his last game thowing his hands down and forward to his team mates implying it should be there.

Not for me ,thanks.

up 3/4 mill....or loan.I might change my mind.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I was on holiday, sitting outside a café, and read it in a (print) newspaper. Got a load of funny looks when I leapt up, shouting "YESSSS!!!"  :)

I remember doing that when Delph said he was staying, felt a right tit a week later! 

• Like 1