January transfer window 2018

Jareth

Hopefully we can get our business done before the Sheffield Utd game. Add a bit more competition to those holding the shirt, and maybe an extra 5% on the pitch could provide enough to see off Sheffield Utd. 

If Ulloa is off elsewhere, so be it. Would have been good to take the burden off Davis as the big man. 

A shame if we don't get an extra support, but with it looking like we can rely on Hogan more than it looked like a month ago, it's less problematic. We still have Davis on the bench, and support from Grealish, Adomah and Snodgrass, Hourihane to chip in with goals. But still 10 days to go, I suspect we'll still get someone in

That's a blow for me as I think ulloa could be the difference.  Despite Hogan form we need another striker as Hogan picks up injuries leavin only davis who struggled to score goals RUN  (injury prone) and hasBeen gabby.

Need a striker no question for me

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Need a striker no question for me

Completely agree. Hogan is not exactly bullet proof and Davis is still too raw/unprolific should Scott get injured again. I would have looked at loaning Chris Martin from Derby as a player who knows the Championship and can score a few goals but he's on his way elsewhere, Leeds I think?....

• Like 1

Just now, eholm said:

Completely agree. Hogan is not exactly bullet proof and Davis is still too raw/unprolific should Scott get injured again. I would have looked at loaning Chris Martin from Derby as a player who knows the Championship and can score a few goals but he's on his way elsewhere, Leeds I think?....

No chance derby would loan to a promotion rival though mate 

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sort of happy if we dont get Ulloa, i dont think he is anything special and seems disruptive going by his alleged comments about Ranieri

I have not heard the disruptive rumour, but like you I am not overly disappointed if we miss out on Ulloa. I can’t  see any great scoring feats in the last three seasons that make me feel we are missing out on the man who will fire us to promotion. I feel we have had our fingers burned too many times recently picking up players who have basically had 2-3 seasons off from regular competitive football and are living on past glories.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No chance derby would loan to a promotion rival though mate 

Valid point mate but if Leeds could get him....Anyway, we do need someone and I'm not convinced we are even close.

54 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sort of happy if we dont get Ulloa, i dont think he is anything special and seems disruptive going by his alleged comments about Ranieri

I don't rate him at all. Am really pleased we've missed out on him if the news is true.

I’d be up for Ulloa and think he’d be good for us at this level, but not at any cost. There was a rumour he’s on 60kpw, which I don’t think we should shoulder all of. As a championship side with FFP looming, we really shouldn’t be betting the farm on Ulloa. I do realise the cost of not getting in a striker could be even greater though... glad it’s not my headache to deal with.

I think we should get him in, but hopefully for a portion of his wage rather than all of it.

• Like 1

I think the spectre of Ulloa has had a contributing effect on Hogan's upturn in performance - however, we still need competition for Hogan if Ulloa does go to Palace. Ulloa might have been to good to sit on the bench watching Hogan, but we do need back up as Hogan gets injured. I reckon it'll be a foreign loan out of the blue.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We don't need a striker, he have one we are currently paying handsomely over in Australia. No brainer for me now, bring him back.

No thanks, keep him where he is, the further he's away the better. 

We need people willing to out themselves on the line for the shirt, he can't even get over his gates. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We don't need a striker, he have one we are currently paying handsomely over in Australia. No brainer for me now, bring him back.

Wouldn't be a bad option, given his record at this level he'd be good back up. That said, he seems to be enjoying himself in Australia, he's playing well, the standard isn't very good and the weather is great. If I were him I'd want to stay out there!

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He has no wish to be here and a broken relationship with his boss. Not sure recalling him is a 'no brainer' in the way that you describe it.