January transfer window 2018

Jareth

23 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great post Marv.

I feel if we are promoted back to the PL there will be an overhaul on the entire squad.

The loans that we have signed will end, players out of contract leaving and then there is the ones that remain that also will need sold/shipped out/contracts terminated etc.

Loans ending: Johnstone, Onomah, Snodgrass.

Out of contract: Bunn, Terry, Samba, Agbonlahor, Hutton

Players already leaving: Amavi, Gollini, Gil

Remainder that should be sold/offloaded: Richards, Elphick, De Laet, Taylor, McCormack, Tshibola, Bree, Jedinak, Whelan, Thor, Lyden, Lansbury, Hogan.

Look at loaning out: O'Hare, Davis, Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Suliman to teams in the championship.

That scenario would leave us with Steer, Chester, Elmo, Houihane, Grealish, Adomah, Kodja to build a new team on top of under the right manager.

Again this is all hypothecially speaking if we where to be promoted this season.

This is **** bonkers and a huge part of why we are where we are now. 

It isn’t Football Manager! If we got promoted, we’d need a squad - not 7 players and an entire new squad to buy. Blimey. 

• Like 1

Linked to this guy, but I’ve never heard of him:

This is from his Wikipedia:

Bahoken joined Scottish Premiership side St Mirren on loan on 30 August 2013.[9] He revealed he was recommended by former teammates and St Mirren himself, Esmaël Gonçalves.[10] After playing four times for St Mirren, he returned to his parent club when the loan was cancelled on 31 December 2013.[11]While at St Mirren, he was known to have a bad attitude, describing himself as "a spoilt kid".[2]

Wiki wiki wiki

My instinct is to say no. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Linked to this guy, but I’ve never heard of him:

This is from his Wikipedia:

Wiki wiki wiki

My instinct is to say no. 

Massive no thanks, horrible attitude was absolutely rubbish at St Mirren and doesn't tick many boxes on four-corner model when scouting/recruiting new talent for a club. Hope we stay well away :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I had a look at Rita Ora and decided that it also wasn’t the right time. 

I can't look at her properly....I have a wobble:D

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Van Persie, even at 34 would surely tear this league to shreds. Would love him to come for the remainder of the season.

gone to Feyenoord not happening.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I find it hard to like RVP. That flippin goal of the season for Utd against us was OFFSIDE! Still makes my blood boil.

And I also think it stopped Lowton's goal against Stoke winning GOTM. It should have DISALLOWED!

All three goals in that game were offside. They won the league too. It was dodgy af and I was just talking about it the other day. 

• Like 1