January transfer window 2018

Jareth

36 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Wout Weghorst (AZ) looks an absolute beast in Eredivisie with a very good scoring record, seen him play a few times and always impressed me.

Someone like him would be worth watching ready for January

Think we will be in the loan market rather than buying and I doubt we’d get him 

37 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Surely we should go for a center back now? We will need one for next season whatever happens because Terry will be gone regardless what league we are in. We should aim to buy a quality 1st team center back on Jan 1st IMO.

There is a 12 month option on terry which I’d expect both parties to take up the way it’s gone whichever division we are in . 

39 minutes ago, Eastie said:

There is a 12 month option on terry which I’d expect both parties to take up the way it’s gone whichever division we are in . 

Is there?! Where did you read that? I understand it's very much a one season contract and one of the main reasons he joined ahead of others was so he didn't gave to play Chelsea. The only way we have even a chance of keeping him is if he fancies another season in the Championship but seeing as Bruce will have been sacked should that be the case I think it's even more unlikely.

Come May we will need to re-sign or replace Johnstone, Terry, Samba, Snodgrass, Onomah, Hutton, Agbonlahor and Bunn. Half of our current first team. We put all our eggs in one basket and I very much doubt it's going to pay off. Short termism at its best.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Is there?! Where did you read that? I understand it's very much a one season contract and one of the main reasons he joined ahead of others was so he didn't gave to play Chelsea. The only way we have even a chance of keeping him is if he fancies another season in the Championship but seeing as Bruce will have been sacked should that be the case I think it's even more unlikely.

Come May we will need to re-sign or replace Johnstone, Terry, Samba, Snodgrass, Onomah, Hutton, Agbonlahor and Bunn. Half of our current first team. We put all our eggs in one basket and I very much doubt it's going to pay off. Short termism at its best.

Was stated the day he signed by both terry and Bruce that was another 12 month option should both parties be happy to take it and when asked if in a years time he might be prepared to face Chelsea he said ‘you never know ‘.

Theres no reason he couldn’t stay on another year and miss the Chelsea games if need be should we go up .

If we don’t go up I wouldn’t be surprised to see JT linked with the hot seat here .

“Chelsea has been my club since a boy, I’ve grown up there and have some great times, have great memories and won some trophies. I’ve had a rapport with the fans which I’ll never be able to explain and that will never go away. But this is a new chapter for me now and it excites me.    

“If you were to offer me the chance to get into the Premier League with Aston Villa, and face the scenario of playing Chelsea, then I would bite your arm off. In football we always say never rule anything out because it’s a funny game.”

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Only Johnstone, Terry, and sort of Snodgrass are starters for this team. Replacing the rest is very simple. Getting a keeper and center back of Sam's and Terry's quality will be difficult if we are still in the championship. 

On 11/2/2017 at 19:53, Reivax_Villa said:

We need another striker on loan 

These players are struggling for game time right now

John Walters 

Charlie Austin

Leanardo Ulloa

I would add Shane Long to that list. Would take him all day long if it was an option.

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Can we actually spend any money at all? Wouldnt be surprised if loaned a player or two but cant see us buying anyone. Unless we sell of course.

I thought Marseille made THE amavi deal permanent in october? we got 9mill i think. Should be a bit there if the right deal is about.

Currently, the players we have got on loan are working out better than the ones we paid silly money to buy.

I think loans, with the option to buy would be most ideal.

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

How many loans can we have?

Something tells me its 4, and we have 3 already...

Not sure but I think watford had 8 on loan when they won promotion - I think the rules may have been tightened after that .

On 05/11/2017 at 17:52, TheAuthority said:

Surely we should go for a center back now? We will need one for next season whatever happens because Terry will be gone regardless what league we are in. We should aim to buy a quality 1st team center back on Jan 1st IMO.

Should’ve kept Nathan Baker another season! 

• Like 4