January transfer window 2018

Jareth

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'd be tempted to recall McCormack.

Agnew has Hogan firing i don't see why he couldn't do the same with Ross.

He's scoring some crackers now down under i know it's not a very good league but still.

If he's not a disturbance in the locker room then maybe at best. If we don't get Ulloa then I hope we're in for a plan b.

• Like 1

On 18/01/2018 at 23:44, holteend1982 said:

This isn't fifa, you can't just get rid of a whole squad especially one that has just been promoted then replace them all and get them to gel within the 5 weeks before the season begins! Taylor, jedinak, landsbury would be decent squad players for a promoted side.bree has been signed for the future,  I can see hogan doing good in the prem providing he finishes this season strong and all them youngsters are good enough to be part of the squad even if we got promoted. 

Your last post was also rediculous when you said benteke was "utter shite" 

This isn't Fifa or Football manager?..  Damn. I would never have noticed.

Just out if pure interest, tell me how many of that said group would you say would cut it in the premiership next season?

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'd be tempted to recall McCormack.

Agnew has Hogan firing i don't see why he couldn't do the same with Ross.

He's scoring some crackers now down under i know it's not a very good league but still.

Got left out of squad mid December for turning up extremely late to training. He's a bad apple. Don't want him anywhere the club again

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Same as Idrissa Gueye said.

To be fair as much as it stings, you've got to appreciate their honesty.

African players/players of African descent usually have a very clear goal, make as much money as I can, while I can.

Agreed it is a pity though and i cannot help but not like that attitude but it is more often than not the case with the players in the game today. The player who identifies with one club is a rare if not an extinct breed in football today. :(

• Like 1

On 19/01/2018 at 11:45, bobzy said:

This is **** bonkers and a huge part of why we are where we are now. 

It isn’t Football Manager! If we got promoted, we’d need a squad - not 7 players and an entire new squad to buy. Blimey. 

Not an entire new one, no. But we wouldn't get far with some of the remaining players that would be here.

If they are deemed not good enough for this league what makes you think they will make it in the Prem?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not an entire new one, no. But we wouldn't get far with some of the remaining players that would be here.

If they are deemed not good enough for this league what makes you think they will make it in the Prem?

We probably wouldn't get far you are right. However you can't just go up, sell 14 players, keep 7 and then buy a new 14.

The reason the club will look at a 3 year stabilizing plan when we go up is to drip feed new players in. For example sign a new center midfielder to start, sell Lansbury, Hourihane then has competition to start for a year. Sign a defensive midfielder, sell one of Whelan or Jedinak (not both)

The reason we went down two years ago is because we tried to sign a complete new team and it failed miserably. It's pretty much why Blues are in the position they are currently in also.

In my opinion, with the squad we currently have, playing as they currently are we would do well against a lot of the lower Premiership teams, add a bit of quality to that and we would have a fair shot of finishing near the top of the bottom half of the Prem. Keep adding over the 3 years and the club will be back competing in the league.

Unfortunately gone are the days of getting promoted and immediately signing a load of world class footballers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This isn't Fifa or Football manager?..  Damn. I would never have noticed.

Just out if pure interest, tell me how many of that said group would you say would cut it in the premiership next season?

Its about building a good squad is my point. Adding to it rather than wholesale changes, your idea of just throwing money around making awful decisions is one of the reasons we are in out current position. We need a slow transition of adding 4 or 5 players a season and getting some stability back in our side. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You add bits of quality at a time once you sell some players.  Wholesale changes very rarely work out perfectly.

• Like 1

So we technically from this list above have a squad of 36 players on our books in or around the first team. (Yes the chop list was a bit mad looking back)

So, would we be looking to trim the squad down to say around 22-25 players once back in the PL?

11 of the players on the quoted above, of which 5 are first team players, will need replaced [loans & OOC] and will be gone come June. And or unless new contracts are handed etc.

This could leave us with 25 players technically, allowing a few will need to be replaced by quality and form a new spine for the team if you will.

For me Richards, Taylor, McCormack, Tshibola, Lyden, Jedinak would be the ones I would look at replacing initially as they are not good enough for the PL.

I can see us bring in around 5 signings minimum and anywhere up to 11/12 players leaving.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So we technically from this list above have a squad of 36 players on our books in or around the first team. (Yes the chop list was a bit mad looking back)

So, would we be looking to trim the squad down to say around 22-25 players once back in the PL?

There is also this thing that seem to be happening in the summer.

UEFA CLAMPDOWN 

Uefa will impose new transfer rules from this summer to limit clubs on spending ‘losses’ of more than £90million

Both Manchester United and Manchester City made transfer losses of £130m, while Uefa also set to limit clubs to 25 over-21 players in squad

NEW transfer rules that would place limits on spending “losses” are set to be imposed by Uefa from this summer.

In a move that appears to have been targeted at mega-rich Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City, clubs will be prevented from running a deficit on spending of more than £90million per season.

Paris Saint-Germain signed Neymar for a world-record fee of £198million from Barcelona last summer

Manchester City paid close to £50m to bring Kyle Walker to the Etihad from Tottenham

And they will also be banned from “stockpiling” players — with a limit of 25 pros over the age of 21 allowed on the books of any club.

Uefa have come under pressure from Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid to clamp down on the “state aid” that allowed PSG and City to outspend their rivals last summer.

Barca were furious they found themselves powerless to prevent Neymar moving to PSG — who are owned by the investment arm of the Qatari government — while similar criticisms have been directed at Abu Dhabi-owned City.

And in what appeared to be a pincer movement orchestrated by the traditional elite of the European Clubs Association, the new proposal for “Financial Fair Play 2.0” is being prepared to go on the table in May.

Liverpool sold Brazilian international Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m this month

Citizens boss Pep Guardiola has splashed the cash since taking charge of the Premier League side

Current FFP rules mean clubs are only allowed to lose £26m when wages, transfer fees and income are balanced over a three-year period.

Although investments on stadiums, training facilities, youth development and women’s football are discounted from costs.

The new regulations would end the overall calculation and apply only to transfer spending each season.

This term, of the Premier League clubs, only City and Manchester United would have fallen foul of the new limit, as would PSG and Italian giants AC Milan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5395238/uefa-to-impose-new-transfer-rules/