World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Brilliant defending doesn't really constitute 'nothing'. I thought the art of defending had left the game for good so last night was a great throwback. 

Italy being the greatest defenders of all it was a performance they would have been proud off

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

But doesn't the away goal rule encourage away teams to come and get a goal instead of parking the bus. Hasn't worked in these qualifiers though!

1 away goal means little in these ties

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

But doesn't the away goal rule encourage away teams to come and get a goal instead of parking the bus. Hasn't worked in these qualifiers though!

Only if they conceded in the first leg and didn’t score.

I think the away goals rule is a terrible one.

Whenever I watch Ireland play, which is quite a lot, the commentators seem to spend the entire game speculating on Shane Long's impact on the game, whether he's on the pitch or not.

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

Three goalless draws in a row. If good defending, poor finishing and refs too scared to give pens are your thing then great but its a big turnoff for me. Well done Sweden. I am glad Italy are out. 

Do they meet the PaulC big nation criteria? ;)

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nothing against the Irish but would really like to see this Danish team in the world cup, got some exciting young players coming through to support Eriksen.

Yep. I have a big, green soft spot for Ireland but Denmark have a much better side playing much better football. 

3 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Yep. I have a big, green soft spot for Ireland but Denmark have a much better side playing much better football. 

Pretty much every team play better football than Ireland. MON has made us the west Brom of international football. Deserve to be behind and Ireland need a miracle to qualify now. 

• Like 2

Â