World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If Granqvist had a beard I would compare him with Mellberg he was that solid tonight 

Yep thought he was tremendous. I remember him years back at Wigan and he was really poor there (alongside Bramble). Move probably came too early in his career. Same could be true for Lindelof.

Italy giving the job to Ventura was probably a worse move than McClaren. Old grandad go back and manage Pescara or wherever he came from.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

World Cup without Italy, USA and Netherlands and nearly Argentina. some nerves in FIFA headquarters at the moment

They gave Italy that sweet ol' Fergie time™ but to no avail :D

Well done Sweden. They will be far better supported in Russia than the Italians. We met 1 actual Italian in Brazil when England played against them in Manaus. They don't travel well at all.

Guessing there will be a few retirements tomorrow. Buffon being the main one.

Insigne being un-unsed was ridiculous, certainly a case of an out of his depth coach being stubborn and it totally backfired.

Take away the keeper and defenders (who all will probably be retiring after this) and there isn't a lot there.

10-15 years ago Italy were putting out Gattuso, Pirlo, De Rossi (prime), Inzaghi, Vieri, Totti and Del Piero as their midfield and attacking options. This lot are amateurs compared to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

World Cup without Italy, USA and Netherlands and nearly Argentina. some nerves in FIFA headquarters at the moment

Australia would be a blow aswell, imagine there's good viewing figures down under for them now they're regulars.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Thing is, people will still watch the world cup in masses even without a few of the classic teams. 

I agree with that, think betting companies be biggest losers as lots of casual fans would bet on Italy and Netherlands due to name recognition

Â