Villa Podcasts

Hornso

Aston Villa Review was great.. was just unfortunate they were doing it through some of our worst years. 

Villa View is fantastic. I really dont get the nonsense that they are the mouth piece for the club. Yes they are positive.. but you know what.. our fan base needed it. Too much negative shit as it is going around. AS it turns out.. they were right to be positive.. we are moving in the right direction. I have seen them be very critical too. I like Dan and Matt.. but i think Tom and Dan have a bit better chemistry than Dan and Matt did. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@ChrisVillan was/is great but the lad he did it with barely watched us and hence knew absolutely **** all. 

The Villa View is slick. Dan, Tom and Dolan should have a threesome IMO, good chemistry between the lot of them but agree they could do with a more cynical member. 

MOMS is just too **** grim at times. 

There's a gap in the market for a more balanced show. FWIW I'm game. 

You , grasshopper and tro would make for good  viewing Dave ;) 

• 1 year later...

Villa view are good, do match previews and reviews, and some really good fan cams.

But i seriously prefer the main two hosts than the other two who do the odd vids.

Villa on tour are also good, he does vids of the match day and discusses before and after the matches the performance etc.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Villa on tour are also good,

Not technically a podcast though. 

Holtecast is one I listen to, also Gather 'round the lamp

6 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

I really enjoy MOMS but cant compare it to much except the holtecast, which I dont like much. Will check out the villa view!

Holtecast makes me angry so I don't listen to it anymore!

That shouldn't happen with a subject I love so much.

• Like 1

All have their positives and negatives, I listen to Villa View and MOMS now. 

Villa view is the most consistent, is pretty professional, on point and is pretty much every week. The presenters are likeable.

MOMS is entertaining but is erratic probably due to them trying too hard - I would suggest less scripting and just talk lads. It’s quite niche and aimed at an older fan base, often withering views which is a nice ying to others yang, it often voices a view that dare not be said. It also invokes more Villa history back to the 80’s and 90’s which I can relate to being, ahem, middle aged. It’s also not every week, it’s when they have time.

Edited by thunderball

Villa View's podcast is very good, the three lads that rotate presenting duties (well the the two regulars of Dan and Tom and occasional stand-in Chris) are all really likable and level-headed.

Their other stuff can be hit and miss, gave up on all the stuff done by the camera man and that Rushton bloke a good while ago though, nothing against them I just can't get into it at all.

The young lad that does Villa on Tour makes some good stuff too, very well done for someone his age that's working with very modest means. Offers something different from the Villa View too.

That's about it for me in terms of extra-curricular Villa media.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Villa View's podcast is very good, the three lads that rotate presenting duties (well the the two regulars of Dan and Tom and occasional stand-in Chris) are all really likable and level-headed.

Their other stuff can be hit and miss, gave up on all the stuff done by the camera man and that Rushton bloke a good while ago though, nothing against them I just can't get into it at all.

The young lad that does Villa on Tour makes some good stuff too, very well done for someone his age that's working with very modest means. Offers something different from the Villa View too.

That's about it for me in terms of extra-curricular Villa media.

Agree with this 👍🏼

Aston Villa Review was great. Used to listen to it at a weekly basis around the time we were going down. Shame they're not around anymore. 

Quite enjoy the Villa on tour clips on you tube as well. Quite entertaining. Its my impression that they capture the emotions and atmosphere from the matches well. 

A Villa Review comeback with the Villa on tour kid in the folds would make a perfect podcast I imagine. 

Edited by Skruff

6 hours ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Aston Villa Review was best with Villa View a close second. 

Villa View would be even better if Dan Bardell could stop his habit of..............pausing in the middle of sentences.

Yes... Dan Bardell does indeed... pause... in the middle of sentences. I just assume he has acid reflux.

I currently regularly watch Villa View and Villa On Tour and occasionally a few others if we have a good result.

I like both The Villa View and MOMS, for varying reasons. For balance I like James Rushton as well. 

Their differing dynamics can be summed up by MOMS having connections with the club in a more 'professional' sense and TVV having connections with the players. MOMS often feels more polished, despite the fact they are aiming for the opposite effect. TVV is off the cuff, often shambolic but always likeable. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/05/2019 at 19:16, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I like both The Villa View and MOMS, for varying reasons. For balance I like James Rushton as well. 

Their differing dynamics can be summed up by MOMS having connections with the club in a more 'professional' sense and TVV having connections with the players. MOMS often feels more polished, despite the fact they are aiming for the opposite effect. TVV is off the cuff, often shambolic but always likeable. 

Quoted on TVV podcast today, don’t think they were too offended 😆

• Like 1

Â