Villa Podcasts

Hornso

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

touching the sign was irrelevant. Losing 3-0 to Hodgson's Liverpool and him treating the game as if it was his testimonial was a lot worse. Think he did a lap of honour at the end

All part of the general theme, no?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Right away - "Something something Fulham"

I switched it off. 

Haha I thought the same but they dissected our transfer business quite well and agreed we aren't doing a Fulham.

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Right away - "Something something Fulham"

I switched it off. 

I listened to it the other day, the Fulham comparison was made by one presenter, and then another with much more knowledge gave a decent, fair review of our situation. It's actually been a decent listen, I listened to part two today. I would actually recommend it. 

As an aside I find the Villa View a bit boring. It moves quite slowly and has too much banter that I don't find funny. Also, I don't find it offers any insight that you can't read on here. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'll give it a proper bash then fellas. Cheers 

Giving up prematurely on the podcast like they give up too soon on Jokanovic. 

You've done a Fulham. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I try to watch the Villa View videos when I get the chance. I like that it's pretty balanced and they do stray into other football related matters too.

I like Dan and Tom but tend to avoid if the Dolan lad is on it. 

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2019 at 20:31, KenjiOgiwara said:

Had a listen to Villa View and Petrov this morning. Great man. Nothing more.

Great, great man. 

It's an absolutely fantastic listen and I echo your words regarding Stan. Fantastic human.

On 07/08/2019 at 09:58, PompeyVillan said:

I listened to it the other day, the Fulham comparison was made by one presenter, and then another with much more knowledge gave a decent, fair review of our situation. It's actually been a decent listen, I listened to part two today. I would actually recommend it. 

As an aside I find the Villa View a bit boring. It moves quite slowly and has too much banter that I don't find funny. Also, I don't find it offers any insight that you can't read on here. 

Bit late here but the second presenter who argues in favour of Villa is Matt Law, obviously works for the Telegraph but is from Sutton Coldfield and a big Villa fan, hence he was ideally placed to discuss Villa. The first presenter I think was almost prompted to suggest the Fulham link so Matt could shoot it down. 

I don't mind the Telegraph pod but I find it a bit beige to be honest generally speaking

• Like 1

On 19/07/2019 at 13:35, mikeyp102 said:

Yet gerrard, caraggher et al say he was one of the best

Because he fancied them as players. He obviously didn’t fancy Stan and that’s why Jean II was signed. I didn’t realise that at the time though, and I didn’t remember Stan being out of the side for three months either. I’ve a bad memory!

Totally disrespectful of Houllier to say to Stan in front of the players 'I’m resting you today Captain'. Joke of a man. Obviously trying to get a rise.

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't seem to get on with the MOMS podcast, it just seems like a bunch of old chaps cussing for no reason, complaining about anything new or different, and making terrible Dad jokes.

It's a shame because when they eventually get over themselves and concentrate on the actual football there can be some interesting opinion and insight, there's just so little of it.

I enjoy the Villa View, there's a real enthusiasm with them instead of the cynicism of MOMS, and although they cover some other things and often stray from the football they always come back to it. It seems like a bunch of mates doing something for the love of it and that's way more appealing to me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I just can't seem to get on with the MOMS podcast, it just seems like a bunch of old chaps cussing for no reason, complaining about anything new or different, and making terrible Dad jokes.

It's a shame because when they eventually get over themselves and concentrate on the actual football there can be some interesting opinion and insight, there's just so little of it.

I enjoy the Villa View, there's a real enthusiasm with them instead of the cynicism of MOMS, and although they cover some other things and often stray from the football they always come back to it. It seems like a bunch of mates doing something for the love of it and that's way more appealing to me. 

villa view is definitely the best out there. i don't mind MOMS, a little swearing doesn't bother me, but probably not suitable for a podcast. but for pure football chat, VV does take it for me

gather round the lamp is a decent one too from what little i've heard of it

• Like 1

Â