Villa Podcasts

Hornso

Gutted that The Villa View is going, the podcast has been a weekly listen for me since it started. I've found that listening to it from the start I've grown used to the format of 70% football 30% random chat but it worked so well. Wish both Dan and Tom good luck for the future.

Although I've listened to MOMS for the last few months I've never really gotten on with it. The presenters seem to jump on the negative of everything to do with the club and the players. I unsubscribed today as I re-jigged my Villa Podcasts.

The 1874 podcast from the Athletic is good. I like Dan, and it closely follows the content of the Villa View in match reviews and transfer roundups. One that I'll continue to listen to.

Today I subscribed to Claret & Blue and Gather Round The Lamp so will give them both a listen to this week and going forward.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Gutted that The Villa View is going, the podcast has been a weekly listen for me since it started. I've found that listening to it from the start I've grown used to the format of 70% football 30% random chat but it worked so well. Wish both Dan and Tom good luck for the future.

Although I've listened to MOMS for the last few months I've never really gotten on with it. The presenters seem to jump on the negative of everything to do with the club and the players. I unsubscribed today as I re-jigged my Villa Podcasts.

The 1874 podcast from the Athletic is good. I like Dan, and it closely follows the content of the Villa View in match reviews and transfer roundups. One that I'll continue to listen to.

Today I subscribed to Claret & Blue and Gather Round The Lamp so will give them both a listen to this week and going forward.

Claret & Blue is decent. Rollinson is no Bardell or Julian, but he’s okay. They do the ‘non football waffle’ quite well because Matt Kendrick is quite funny. I think you’ll like it because they’re quite positive about Villa too. I’ve avoided anything MOMS after I got into a twitter spat with them ages ago. They just come across as bellends, so your comments about their pod don’t surprise me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Gutted about it myself, used to put it on at bed time till I fell asleep.

Will miss the after match fan interviews as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Only recently got into the VV so was disappointed to listen this morning and find out they’re calling it a day! I liked the set up, reminded me of a cricket podcast I listen to - the world cricket show - just a couple of mates having a chat.

TVV was my favourite podcast out there and replaced the void left by the Aston Villa Review ceasing a few years back. Will have to give either Claret & Blue or Lamp a go. Enjoying The Athletic podcast, MOMS not my cup of tea.

• Like 3

Yes shame about the VV, what I didn't agree with is how they came out last week and told everyone concerned that they were not going anywhere, then they U turned on that and just come out eith that shocker. It didn't surprise me though as the past couple of months the videos been getting longer when they put them out. They were down from a five man team to a 2 man Julian and bardell, they were carrying on as best they could.

I just think they should of handed the VV OFF to another dedicated bunch and kept it going as all that hard work will now go.

The charity even looks like it will be last time we see the Villa View and maybe a match review on the cup final.

What a Bloody Shame I say.

The Villa View was class,

But really you can still catch most of the guys on other podcasts. 

Dan Rowlinson runs the Claret & Blue podcast, Dan Bardell has started a new one "1874" with Greg Evans. James Rushton was on 7500 to the Holte, but has just left it but its still a good listen.

2 more I listen to are My Old Man Said (which is on par with TVV in terms of quality but too much swearing for my liking) and also Under A Gaslit Lamp.

Damn I just realised with all the other podcasts I listen to, I actually spend more hours on audio media than visual media! 

Edited by Junxs

Damn shame the Villa View is ending. It's the best Villa podcast. Although the writing was on the wall with so much of the foundation being pulled out of it and with Bardell having to travel for every game it was one final blow away.

There's nothing quite that fits in its straight down the line groove. The closest is probably Under a Gaslit Lamp, but that's not quite the same. It's still good, but it doesn't have Bardell's personality. And I still find the rhetoric heavy right on style a bit off putting. MOMS is a good banter style podcast, but for everyone but a decent listen.

But there's nothing quite in that, 2 guys doing a roundup of the week in Villa news. UGL has that American tone, MOMS is much more of a sarcy dry thing. I'll have to look up the others to fill the gap I guess.

But good on the VV guys. They've put together some really good stuff and I hope they reap the success of it.

Didn't always agree with their views but appreciated the effort and professionalism they put into it. It was always going to go downhill since Rolinson left as he was the engine behind it all. They've put some great content including the various interviews and the Wembley video. The podcast was a bit too serious for me. I much prefer the C&B podcast or the sarcy nature of the MOMs podcast. Also fans cam was always interesting. Unfortunately Villa are not the size of Man U or Arsenal in that someone can make a living off doing a fan channel. 

• 2 weeks later...

probably the most suitable place to ask this...did anyone see or hear about what happened to Max Stokes on saturday? seems like some of our own fans took exception to him and his mates and it got a little physical apparently. absolutely pathetic

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

probably the most suitable place to ask this...did anyone see or hear about what happened to Max Stokes on saturday? seems like some of our own fans took exception to him and his mates and it got a little physical apparently. absolutely pathetic

Edited by Villan4Life

For any villa fan to lay their hands on young max stokes and his friends is a bloody disgrace.

Boils my piss when young passionate people trying to do a vlog of a game are set upon by so called villa fans

These "fans" should receive a ban from travelling and a ban from villa park.

I know tensions were running high between fans on saturday but it does not excuse any violent act no matter the reason

That situation makes the true villa fans look like mugs and is not acceptable

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

define physical. I have no idea what happened and the comments on it seem to be extremely vague.

well it doesn't sound like punches were thrown. but sounded like there was some pushing and shoving. was wondering if anyone on here had any news.

fans fighting their own is utterly pathetic either way. I mean there's probably plenty of people in an away end you wouldn't like in your day to day life, but you've all paid for the opportunity to travel and support your team, so why ruin it by fighting each other. Baffling.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Genuinely dont understand it just a harmless guy making his videos. A lot of clearings in the woods probably saw the Arsenal thing and thought was hilarious and would do the same

Because a good portion of football fans are dribbling morons. 

If their team aren't winning, they get angry about it.  Just think of how utterly pathetic it is, to get angry over something (entertainment) you can't control.  It's like getting angry at a film because it didn't end the way you wanted it to.  

There's a lot of thicko's out there who would have nothing about them if their football team didn't exist.  Look at all the spiteful dorks out there on social media who comment on nothing but football, winding up other idiots who get angry about football.  

Look out for twitter bios like "Proud dad of Aston, Laursen and Hendrie, AVFC til I die" - just best to avoid them.  Or go to a Villa fan page after a loss and declare genocide on your brain cells.   

These people have nothing about them, but they'll make sure their shitty opinions are heard, because they lack self awareness that no one gives a shit what they think. 

Max does a good job, and I tend to dislike stuff like that and football podcasts in general because who gives a monkey what anyone else thinks?  I thought a while ago that if things turn sour he could be onto a bad thing, but his channel took off during our rapid climb in the Championship, so everything until the last few weeks has been rosy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â