Villa Podcasts

Hornso

6 hours ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Aston Villa Review was best with Villa View a close second. 

Villa View would be even better if Dan Bardell could stop his habit of..............pausing in the middle of sentences.

Yes... Dan Bardell does indeed... pause... in the middle of sentences. I just assume he has acid reflux.

I currently regularly watch Villa View and Villa On Tour and occasionally a few others if we have a good result.

I like both The Villa View and MOMS, for varying reasons. For balance I like James Rushton as well. 

Their differing dynamics can be summed up by MOMS having connections with the club in a more 'professional' sense and TVV having connections with the players. MOMS often feels more polished, despite the fact they are aiming for the opposite effect. TVV is off the cuff, often shambolic but always likeable. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/05/2019 at 19:16, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I like both The Villa View and MOMS, for varying reasons. For balance I like James Rushton as well. 

Their differing dynamics can be summed up by MOMS having connections with the club in a more 'professional' sense and TVV having connections with the players. MOMS often feels more polished, despite the fact they are aiming for the opposite effect. TVV is off the cuff, often shambolic but always likeable. 

Quoted on TVV podcast today, don’t think they were too offended 😆

• Like 1

Three times I’ve seen Dan Rolinson (camera, editing and production of The Villa View), when walking past each other in opposite directions (most recently, outside Wembley on Monday). Every time, in that two second window of opportunity, all I’ve managed to say is “Keep up the good work Dan”. I know how much hard work he must do to produce the content of The Villa View that I enjoy and appreciate, but I really must think of something different to blurt out next time I see one of their team!😊

On 08/05/2019 at 20:00, KenjiOgiwara said:

Remember Nays recommending a Villa podcast that I thought was good, but iirc they stopped doing them? Can't remember the name though. 

That was Aston Villa review.  They stopped a while back, Chris and Steve are both still about if you know where to look. (https://www.sphinxfootball.com/) but with the current crop I listen to MOMS and Villa View. I really enjoy the MOMS stuff, I'm definitely the target demo though, and the Villa View stuff is decent for the most part, especially the stuff the London based contingent put out, but I can take or leave their match previews.  I'm not really a video watcher, I prefer the podcast form while I'm out walking, but Dan from the Villa View seems pretty talented with putting video together. 

I have only ever listened to 'My Old Man Said'. I'll give a few of the others mentioned a go.

One thing that annoys me about 'My Old Man Said' is the needless swearing at times. One of them is particularly flippant with his use of swearing. Other than that though it is well-structured and I have enjoyed the Scott Hogan touch count of late. A good balance of humour and seriousness.

I'll look for 'The Villa View' for my drive home from Oxford this evening I think.  

The Villa View is a good regular podcast. The one year on video Dan Rolinson and Dan Bardell did was brilliant. Howard and Jonny's podcast is great but not as regular.

For Vlogs it has to be Villa on Tour but I also love The Little Villan. The latter especially show how much fun can be had on an away day. Only shame is that it's not as regular as it used to be. 

On 29/05/2019 at 12:25, knoppy1987 said:

One thing that annoys me about 'My Old Man Said' is the needless swearing at times. One of them is particularly flippant with his use of swearing.

Agree with this, the swearing is so rarely needed, it's a lazy way of trying to emphasise a point and just comes across as crass

• Like 2

On 29/05/2019 at 11:49, The_Rev said:

That was Aston Villa review.  They stopped a while back, Chris and Steve are both still about if you know where to look. (https://www.sphinxfootball.com/) but with the current crop I listen to MOMS and Villa View. I really enjoy the MOMS stuff, I'm definitely the target demo though, and the Villa View stuff is decent for the most part, especially the stuff the London based contingent put out, but I can take or leave their match previews.  I'm not really a video watcher, I prefer the podcast form while I'm out walking, but Dan from the Villa View seems pretty talented with putting video together. 

Youtube premium and you can play the audio in the background. 

Great for in the car when driving. 

• 4 weeks later...
Â