Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

That’s not what a centre mid needs, strikers yes but not cm. They need full games for experience and match sharpness. We have enough cover, he needs to go out on loan. 

In my opinion I think it is what a lot of the younger players need. Not sure I understand why you think it’s for strikers and no one else!

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There were one or two times in the first half I was screaming (at the TV) for him to move forward with the ball but he kept looking left and right for some reason. 

The kid has grown up watching the master, Ashley Westwood 

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

In my opinion I think it is what a lot of the younger players need. Not sure I understand why you think it’s for strikers and no one else!

Attacking players, like strikers, wingers etc can make an impact in a short space of time. Substitute appearances at a young age are good they give them the opportunity to show some skills and make an impact, without the long periods where they may not influence the game.

Cm and cb is very hard to make an impact on a game as a sub. It’s all about building up the partnership with those around you, gaining momentum and game awareness, as a sub in those positions it’s hard to get up to speed of the game. Take Sidwell (who wasn’t even young) when he was here as an example. He only came on with 10 minutes to go, or covered the odd game when Petrov was out. He never got that consistent run in the team to build up momentum. It’s no coincidence that he was better when left as he was then given a run in a team.

The way it appears JDH plays, he is not going to beat loads of players or even change a game. Therefore a sub appearance will have minimal impact.

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Attacking players, like strikers, wingers etc can make an impact in a short space of time. Substitute appearances at a young age are good they give them the opportunity to show some skills and make an impact, without the long periods where they may not influence the game.

Cm and cb is very hard to make an impact on a game as a sub. It’s all about building up the partnership with those around you, gaining momentum and game awareness, as a sub in those positions it’s hard to get up to speed of the game. Take Sidwell (who wasn’t even young) when he was here as an example. He only came on with 10 minutes to go, or covered the odd game when Petrov was out. He never got that consistent run in the team to build up momentum. It’s no coincidence that he was better when left as he was then given a run in a team.

The way it appears JDH plays, he is not going to beat loads of players or even change a game. Therefore a sub appearance will have minimal impact.

Everyone can make an impact in a game. Defenders are brought on to stop goals, midfielders are brought on to either create, hold, break up play, perform a man marking job etc. Forwards are brought on to try and create chances and score goals. All on these positions and roles have an impact on a game in a short space of time.

Like just about all of our youngsters they simply are not good enough even for championship football despite the mass hysteria about some of them on here. Playing other teams kids in u23 matches is completely pointless, they need shipping out to L1/2/Conference to actually get some proper meaningful games

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Like just about all of our youngsters they simply are not good enough even for championship football despite the mass hysteria about some of them on here.

If they were good enough they would be in the first team every week. 

• 5 months later...

Just seen on SSN that hes joined Cambridge United on loan until the end of the season.

Seem to be sending all our kids out, makes a refreshing change rather than letting them go stale in the U23s with no real competitive football.

• Like 2

On 15/08/2018 at 14:34, LakotaDakota said:

Like just about all of our youngsters they simply are not good enough even for championship football despite the mass hysteria about some of them on here. Playing other teams kids in u23 matches is completely pointless, they need shipping out to L1/2/Conference to actually get some proper meaningful games

That's why they are doing it.

They have shown in the U23's that they have ability on the ball.....now they will be learning the art of the game without the ball and how the physical application of the game works.

Its a pretty common move really....Hence Beckham to Preston etc.

That's why actually going to Div 1 & 2 is not as daft as we think, to buy little Gems. I.e James Vardy.....Here was a player with his effervescence was a clear calculated gamble, but one worth taking......Of course their are few Galloping Galloots down there, but there are some very busy and tidy players too.....most with a bit of crucial physical edge to add.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

They have shown in the U23's that they have ability on the ball.....now they will be learning the art of the game without the ball and how the physical application of the game works.

That's why actually going to Div 1 & 2 is not as daft as we think, to buy little Gems. I.e James Vardy.....Here was a player with his effervescence was a clear calculated gamble, but one worth taking......Of course their are few Galloping Galloots down there, but there are some very busy and tidy players too.....most with a bit of crucial physical edge to add.

They should have all gone in the summer to establish themselves and if they were not getting game time they could have been recalled and sent out again elsewhere in Jan but better late than never i guess. The u23 league is a complete & utter waste of time, Scrapping it alltogether would be better than the current friendly kickabout in empty stadiums. Just go and play some games that matter somewhere.

Edited by LakotaDakota

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Agreed.  It's a valuable proving ground precisely because it has all of those types of footballer down there.  The aging top leveller who has had to drop down to play at a lower speed, but who would rather use his experience and go through you rather than let you by.  The young up and comings trying to prove themselves better than their surroundings.  The career lower leveller who is content down there.  Not good enough to move up and making a decent living from playing there.  It's a melting pot of different ingredients, and to be sent there as a youngster and succeed (especially in such a short term) you have to firstly toughen up, and then find a way to conquer all the various approaches to stopping you from playing.  He'll do a lot of growing up there.   I compare it to the 3rd division of professional sumo (makushita) which has pretty much exactly the same dynamic and mixture of ages and abilities going on there.

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

They should have gone in the summer to establish themselves and if they were not getting game time they could have been recalled and sent out again elsewhere in Jan but better late than never i guess. The u23 league is a complete & utter waste of time, Just go and play some games that matter somewhere.

I agree, it should have been done sooner.....I wouldn't say the U23's is pointless, it just does so much....the rest of the game has to be learnt elsewhere.

Its like learning to be a cop.....The streets is the only place you really learn, but you have to have the academic know how, to be let loose, otherwise you are unprepared to survive.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Agreed.  It's a valuable proving ground precisely because it has all of those types of footballer down there.  The aging top leveller who has had to drop down to play at a lower speed, but who would rather use his experience and go through you rather than let you by.  The young up and comings trying to prove themselves better than their surroundings.  The career lower leveller who is content down there.  Not good enough to move up and making a decent living from playing there.  It's a melting pot of different ingredients, and to be sent there as a youngster and succeed (especially in such a short term) you have to firstly toughen up, and the find a way to conquer all the various approaches to stopping you from playing.  He'll do a lot of growing up there.   I compare it to the 3rd division of professional sumo (makushita) which has pretty much exactly the same dynamic and mixture of ages and abilities going on there.

Nail on head.

• Thanks 1

Â