Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

JDH and COH rocking up behind Kodjia would add some much needed excitement.

I think we need better than Kodija personally if we are looking to go up. We look a disjointed side when he plays. I know he has that bit of individualism that can get us a goal out of nowhere......but it's consistency that brings success.

We scored far more goals last season without him. I'd take the cash if anyone lodged a bid personally. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

I think we need better than Kodija personally if we are looking to go up. We look a disjointed side when he plays. I know he has that bit of individualism that can get us a goal out of nowhere......but it's consistency that brings success.

We scored far more goals last season without him. I'd take the cash if anyone lodged a bid personally. 

But to be fair, the team wasnt as strong as it was when he was there, we were have a bad season even while he wasnt starting with us.

8 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

''fraid so.

when he is played in last season, cup matches only 2 players i can see first team in make is Doyle-Hayes and O'hare.

And I'm not suspire if Doyle-Hayes (D-H) is starter for us, he is much better that Whelan in my opinion, but experience might let him down yet I'm believe that he will cope it very well and show that he can play there as mature and will more grow into great centre midfield, when he gain experience which we "NEED" play him regular, he is more like Intel DM with ball ability which we lack of it for many years, last time we have it - G.Barry. I'm hope that Bruce play him regular.

Only one player stop him play as first team, is Birkir Bjarnason (BB) as I watched and notice these in last season; when he and Conor Hourihane (CH) were VERY good pair in CM which give villa good running winning streak until Bruce keep mistake drop BB for Whelan (i think he is twice or three times drop him and long time to reliese need him for winning team formula) which cost most of villa games to losses because Bruce drop him ... Also I think that BB want left villa because he is fed up with Bruce drop him and not play him much as he want play more games. so D-H got good chance to replace him if BB left for club for regular play football.

be frankly for my option Defence term BB is just better that CH, yet if we play as BB and D-H will good pair CM, only setback about weakness:- both will drop bit deep and stability yet we need support to attack might our forward will not extra support from both, BB can do it but in term finisher and long shot, Killer Passer, Free Kick taker THIS what is CH better that why we need play CH as He is can defence well as BB,  

in these order for CM roles
1st choice: CH (Primary use him as  "box to box with attack ability") 
2nd Choice: BB (primary use him "box to Box with defence ability")
3rd Choice: D-H (use him as DM with good passer, and Intel to mark man, quick to reaction to position to defence, he Reckon that he can developed Box to Box) 
4th Choice: MJ (use him as sweeper between CM and CH) or extra man as header for Set piece defend (or offence) 
5th Choice: GG (he is good CM but it is such shame that his knee injury is let him down to developed better player, he need more games to build confidence and need play his old style midfield - which i alway high rate of him, yet so far i see nothing special as he was young..might it is confidence issues as he play too safe option and sort of mistake often more and deep that normal which he use be great impact attack in near opponent box "zone 14" or late running in box like lampard style anyway about him... he need good play or sold by end of season) 
6th Choice: GW (nothing good for him at villa, so hope we sold him, he is too slow for CM for my opinion but only good thing about him is experience and can give reliabilty if play him) 

ACM Role:
1st Choice: JG
2nd Choice: CO'H or HL

BB----CH
----JG---- if JG left so O'hare (or) HL take his roles. 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

when he is played in last season, cup matches only 2 players i can see first team in make is Doyle-Hayes and O'hare.

And I'm not suspire if Doyle-Hayes (D-H) is starter for us, he is much better that Whelan in my opinion, but experience might let him down yet I'm believe that he will cope it very well and show that he can play there as mature and will more grow into great centre midfield, when he gain experience which we "NEED" play him regular, he is more like Intel DM with ball ability which we lack of it for many years, last time we have it - G.Barry. I'm hope that Bruce play him regular.

Only one player stop him play as first team, is Birkir Bjarnason (BB) as I watched and notice these in last season; when he and Conor Hourihane (CH) were VERY good pair in CM which give villa good running winning streak until Bruce keep mistake drop BB for Whelan (i think he is twice or three times drop him and long time to reliese need him for winning team formula) which cost most of villa games to losses because Bruce drop him ... Also I think that BB want left villa because he is fed up with Bruce drop him and not play him much as he want play more games. so D-H got good chance to replace him if BB left for club for regular play football.

be frankly for my option Defence term BB is just better that CH, yet if we play as BB and D-H will good pair CM, only setback about weakness:- both will drop bit deep and stability yet we need support to attack might our forward will not extra support from both, BB can do it but in term finisher and long shot, Killer Passer, Free Kick taker THIS what is CH better that why we need play CH as He is can defence well as BB,  

3rd Choice: D-H (use him as DM with good passer, and Intel to mark man, quick to reaction to position to defence, he Reckon that he can developed Box to Box) 
4th Choice: MJ (use him as sweeper between CM and CH) or extra man as header for Set piece defend (or offence) 
5th Choice: GG (he is good CM but it is such shame that his knee injury is let him down to developed better player, he need more games to build confidence and need play his old style midfield - which i alway high rate of him, yet so far i see nothing special as he was young..might it is confidence issues as he play too safe option and sort of mistake often more and deep that normal which he use be great impact attack in near opponent box "zone 14" or late running in box like lampard style anyway about him... he need good play or sold by end of season) 
6th Choice: GW (nothing good for him at villa, so hope we sold him, he is too slow for CM for my opinion but only good thing about him is experience and can give reliabilty if play him) 

ACM Role:

BB----CH

I was also impressed by Clark, Danny, I think he will be one to make it. Not forgetting RHM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

ACM Role:

BB----CH

I was also impressed by Clark, Danny, I think he will be one to make it. Not forgetting RHM.

• Like 1

Good to have a nipper in the ranks to hold up. Doyle-Hayes certainly has a bit about him.

It all depends on who stays for me. If he's got another season with 5 or 6 players ahead of him it's hard to see him getting a game, in which case I'd loan him out.

Thing is with all this can we keep hold of Jack and Chester business is that it's midfield that we are heavily overstocked in even though everyone (rightly) knows we have all the right backs!

Jedinak - Whelan - Lyden - Hourihane - BB - Tshibola - Grealish - Lansbury - Gardner - Doyle-Hayes.

10 players for 3 positions. Are we looking to offload the high earners though? Or are we looking to drop the poor performers? So hard to tell right now. Everything changes in an instant if Jack leaves. I'll be amazed if we can keep the best of what we have.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Doyle-Hayes has an awareness of what's going on around him on the pitch. He hardly gives the ball away, and he's confident enough to thread forward passes through two metre gaps. His movement off the ball is intelligent and tireless.

Sir Gary Cahill will probably tell you that a number of our younger U23 players have a similar confidence and awareness.

The problem is that when they step "up" to the first team the players around them, don't share that awareness or even the basic movement that they're used to in the U23's. 

That's why I'd play them all! :D 

Give them a run out for the first game and see if how they play for the U23's can be transferred to the Championship, but with a more senior back line and a couple of leaders on the pitch to guide them. (Grealish and Jedi/Whelan for example) 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

We need to give these kids experience and get them into the first team. He has looked one of our better players in pre season but again Bruce will go with ‘experience’ as is his default strategy. Our young players just will not be given enough opportunities with Bruce in charge. Fact. 

• Like 3

Â