Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

16 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Wow, saw this lad absolutely run a league cup game against Wigan a year ago and he looked like 5'4". He is at least 6 foot now. If his game continues to develop could be a great player

Nearly scored a screamer there! Great technique

Still taller than Elphick...

I’ve met Jake Doyle-Hayes at youth games the season before the one just gone and he said alright to me, I was shocked, it was very nice of him. He seemed like a very nice guy indeed, he could be a very good player for us

I'm having big hopes for him, he looks like a natural CM, his movement is top class. I love the way he constantly takes up new positions and makes himself available every time he passes the ball. Hopefully he will bulk up a bit and get a run in the side.

I thought he looked really promising last pre season too, a bit disappointed that he didn't get more games last season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm having big hopes for him, he looks like a natural CM, his movement is top class. I love the way he constantly takes up new positions and makes himself available every time he passes the ball. Hopefully he will bulk up a bit and get a run in the side.

I thought he looked really promising last pre season too, a bit disappointed that he didn't get more games last season.

Head on a swivel all the time. Like the way he positions his body when receiving a pass, good to see in  a young player. Hope he continues to develop at the rate he has, be that on loan or getting game time with us. 

47 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks alreadyexists, Ruijgrok and Brown are new names on me, i’ll do a bit of digging

I was going to ask you SGC! I was surprised Sarkic wasn’t the keeper, and it was Ruijgrok instead. Transfermarkt says he’s 1.88m tall and 17... but that’s all I’ve got.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Only concern  is physique seems very underdeveloped versus other youth team players. Particularly for a MF. 

we just watched a World Cup and 2 best players were centre midfielders and neither were over 5 foot 8 

• Like 2

On 23/07/2018 at 15:47, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks alreadyexists, Ruijgrok and Brown are new names on me, i’ll do a bit of digging

Just watched the whole match, both looked good to me, I think the commentator said it was ‘Jarred (sp) Brown’

Seriously.. this kid is ready. Maybe not to be a regular.. but a Davis like introduction to the side. He looks a shit load better than Gardner/Lansbury in a similar role. He is a younger version of Whelan but with attacking ability. 

• Like 2

Â