Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

14 minutes ago, useless said:

He's perhaps the most technically gifted player we've produced since Grealish, a different type of player, but like Grealish he looks a complete natural on the ball, and can use either foot, is a very good passer of the ball, and has good vision. Seems like injuries and Cambridge not being the best move for him in terms of their style of play halted his progress last season, but if he can stay fit, and get a full season under his belt, then he should be back on track. Surprised he's gone there for the whole season, thought it might have been wise to make it until January, and then if he does okay then we can try and find him a club at an higher level, but I guess we wanted to do right by Cheltenham.

I think that's a stretch to be fair. The kid has a pass on him but wouldn't call his potential other wordly or anything. And he needs to play senior football. That's clear. Should take a leaf out of Grealish's book also and go get on a serious strength and conditioning program. He needs to physically get stronger.

Edited by Johnnyp

Didn't get on the pitch today. But Cheltenham conceded a goal and then had a Striker and Midfielder sent off in the space of 4 minutes. So probably wasn't the best time to chuck him in with no pre-season. Would imagine he's get a game next time out now though.

(They lost 1-0 to Leyton Orient)

• 4 months later...

Sounds like he is absolutely bossing it, the temptation would be to recall him and loan him out at a higher level but would leave him be and just allow him to get games under his belt.

He's probably 1 or 2 league below what he should be right now due to lack of playing time, he should have been out on loan 3 years ago, as watching the U23s he was learning nothing. He was sleepwalking through games it was that easy for him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Any idea how his loan spell is going - was really impressed with him when he played in a cup game a couple of seasons back.

Probably the most in form of all the lads we have out on loan right now. Mentally i wasn't sure if he was made of the right stuff but he's going really well in a tough physical league. Playing championship next season ( not for us hopefully ) is well within his capability right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sounds like he is absolutely bossing it, the temptation would be to recall him and loan him out at a higher level but would leave him be and just allow him to get games under his belt.

He's probably 1 or 2 league below what he should be right now due to lack of playing time, he should have been out on loan 3 years ago, as watching the U23s he was learning nothing. He was sleepwalking through games it was that easy for him.

I'd leave well alone. He's flying it with a team who are going well and in promotion contention. If we recalled him now to send him out on loan to a league 1 or championship club it would be a club who are (1). Going well but just want to beef up their squad during the run in, he wouldnt get a look in or (2). Struggling. Going from a dressing room at Cheltenham where id imagine the atmosphere is fantastic to a one where it's pretty shit all for an incremental step up in levels with a few months left in the season. He's doing well. I'd leave as is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've always thought he looked complete as a CM whenever I saw him. Then again I thought the same of Gary Gardner at the same age, so what do I know. 

Don't worry about it. I'm sure one day we can swap Doyle-Hayes for a technically gifted Spaniard with the pace of a corpse too.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Interview with the lad in the 42 an Irish online publication. Will he have a chance to make it here? Tipping 20 now and following Purslow's comments on the youth he coud be one for the door judging on his age but he seems to be doing well albeit at a much lower level. 

https://www.the42.ie/jake-doyle-hayes-interview-march-2020-5032844-Mar2020/

On 10/08/2019 at 22:08, HanoiVillan said:

Ah, we can obviously comment on this lad again. 

bit long delay for a reply but he had an issue with RTE in Ireland. They made a terrible typo on an article and I think he sued so it was in the courts.  Was probably just a legal thing in case something was said here

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Interview with the lad in the 42 an Irish online publication. Will he have a chance to make it here? Tipping 20 now and following Purslow's comments on the youth he coud be one for the door judging on his age but he seems to be doing well albeit at a much lower level. 

https://www.the42.ie/jake-doyle-hayes-interview-march-2020-5032844-Mar2020/

Good interview. I don’t think it’s time for him to worry about that just yet - Purslow’s comments are that kids shouldn’t just be hanging around the U23s - I have no idea how JDH will do in his career but I think being out on loan playing first team football still just leaving his teens is exactly the opposite. Whether he can convert it at the top level obviously remains to be seen but great to see him seemingly doing well at the moment.

Edit - he’s a year older than I thought but I still think the point stands!

Edited by Adam2003

Â