Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

bit long delay for a reply but he had an issue with RTE in Ireland. They made a terrible typo on an article and I think he sued so it was in the courts.  Was probably just a legal thing in case something was said here

I'm fascinated by this.

'CORRECTIONS & CLARIFICATIONS: Contrary to our two typos in our article about Jake Doyle-Hayes, we wish to make clear that he is in fact a ravist, i.e. one who loves to attend raves'

Something like that?

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm fascinated by this.

'CORRECTIONS & CLARIFICATIONS: Contrary to our two typos in our article about Jake Doyle-Hayes, we wish to make clear that he is in fact a ravist, i.e. one who loves to attend raves'

Something like that?

you can probably find the article online but I remember it was something disgusting and he understandably sued

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you can probably find the article online but I remember it was something disgusting and he understandably sued

I went looking for it actually around the time. All I could find was the article with the apology. No sign of the original. I know a cousin of his (don't anybody start with the "sure aren't ye all related") and tried to get something out of him at the time but he wasn't giving anything away. 

37 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Good interview. I don’t think it’s time for him to worry about that just yet - Purslow’s comments are that kids shouldn’t just be hanging around the U23s - I have no idea how JDH will do in his career but I think being out on loan playing first team football still just leaving his teens is exactly the opposite. Whether he can convert it at the top level obviously remains to be seen but great to see him seemingly doing well at the moment.

Edit - he’s a year older than I thought but I still think the point stands!

Yeah you're right. The comments weren't really meant for players such as JDH. Actually Purslow mentioned those players around his age should be on loan.

It would be good to see him come through. It is always is and there's the added extra (for me) here of him being Irish. Although in ten years time Whelan will probably still be getting selected for some reason.

I've watched him a few times this year, hes had points where hes impressed and points where to be honest he looks like hes found his level. It might be that Cheltenham isnt the right team for him, they play very direct football often without a lot of possession. A lot to do if he wants to become a premier league player.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the whole article gets Witsel name wrong more than once

anyway good write up on Doyle Hayes, a player I have high hopes for

He’s out of contract in the Summer with us :( along with Sarkic, Davis and Hepburn-Murphy :( :( they all are SGC, they all are :(

O' Hare is only youngster who'll be around 18 next season, actually perhaps Sarkic aswell but we'll need to shift a few of the keepers.

Would say Jacob Ramsey is ahead of JDH in the emerging pecking order given he's on loan at league 1 club and started off there really well. Probably be good for JDH to get a loan at that level next season.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

O' Hare is only youngster who'll be around 18 next season, actually perhaps Sarkic aswell but we'll need to shift a few of the keepers.

Would say Jacob Ramsey is ahead of JDH in the emerging pecking order given he's on loan at league 1 club and started off there really well. Probably be good for JDH to get a loan at that level next season.

Jacob Ramsey signed a new 3 and a half year contract before he went out on loan, so the club clearly think a lot of him. Jacob Ramsey has scored 3 goals in 7 games for them, even Grealish didn’t have that kind of impact when he went out on loan, he scored 5 goals in 37 games for Notts County

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Jacob Ramsey signed a new 3 and a half year contract before he went out on loan, so the club clearly think a lot of him. Jacob Ramsey has scored 3 goals in 7 games for them, even Grealish didn’t have that kind of impact when he went out on loan, he scored 5 goals in 37 games for Notts County

Yes and Donny are a decent league one team so hopefully we'll see him around the 18 and get some chances in league cup, up to him to take them.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yes and Donny are a decent league one team so hopefully we'll see him around the 18 and get some chances in league cup, up to him to take them.

Agreed, it’ll give Ramsey a good grounding and experience which will improve him as a player

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is an excellent passer of the ball discates the ball so well. Was sleepwalking through u23 games 18-24 months before he went out on loan.

Absolute criminal and negligence.

Yes he'll be nearly 22 by start of next season. That's long been a problem of us, keeping young players in our teams for too long before loaning them out. Used to be obssesed with winning youth cups but that isn't an issue now.

Bodes well to me that Ramsey is only 18 yet he seemingly had desire to go out on loan and to team a fair distance from the Midlands so also out of his comfort zone given he's a Great Barr lad.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Best player on the park. Championship player playing 2 levels below himself. 

Get him tied down.

I've suggested Doyle-Hayes to a few clubs in League One & Two in the past 3 year's on loan when i was freelance scouting. 

The Head Of Recruitment's at the club's i spoke too wasn't interested in him.

The kid's an absolute baller. I've watched him live at 5 Cheltenham games this season.

Edited by Villan4Life

On 07/03/2020 at 10:49, Zatman said:

It was a rogue sentence and seems like it was put in as a 'joke' by someone. Easily available to view online 

Â