Jake Doyle-Hayes

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, supermon said:

He played in the last cup match. Take it he did well again

mate of mine has just text me that has been to the game and said he was his man of the match. His words "He broke everything up and his distribution was quality"

3 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Was it him who picked out Adomah for Hogan's first?

Gardner. 

Villan4life's mate has it bang on - he made some great bursts from out of defence and his distribution was really, really good. 

I thought he looked better tonight than he does for the reserves - he looked very much at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's a brilliant young player and a nice guy to boot, it's a privilege to watch these young players develop

Its an exciting time too.....some of the most exciting times in my time watching Villa was seening the likes of cowans, Barry, Little and Shaw come through.

• Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

Its an exciting time too.....some of the most exciting times in my time watching Villa was seening the likes of cowans, Barry, Little and Shaw come through.

How do you think these players compare to the ones you just mentioned?

16 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Was it him who picked out Adomah for Hogan's first?

It was.

Thought he did well. Bags of energy. Won the ball, always kept moving and found his man, good range of short and long passes. Hopefully we see more of him throughout the season. Although, probably not ready to start in the league yet.

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you think these players compare to the ones you just mentioned?

difficult to put a definitive on it, because of the different era's in terms of the players they had around them, but I am becoming very encouraged by this latest crop.

The thing for me that gives them the edge on previous promising kids is......these are imposing their game on the opposition and furthermore not afraid to do so.....they are playing without fear.

I am encouraged, but equally cautious of a over playing them and they losing their edge.....it requires good man management.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

mate of mine has just text me that has been to the game and said he was his man of the match. His words "He broke everything up and his distribution was quality"

He did, a very classy performance IMO.

Couldn't see faces from the top of the holte but I assumed it was Whelan having a Stormer and using every bit of experience because he looked like an old hand in the middle. Ran the show.

• 2 weeks later...
Â