Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think its fair he was the worst player on the pitch tinight. Did not even try.

So disappointing was so mediocre

Didn’t try ?

In my humble opinion you couldn’t be more wrong, and must admit I find it very disappointing to say the least to hear a player attacked like that.

Its one thing assessing their effectiveness but come on ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Didn’t try ?

In my humble opinion you couldn’t be more wrong, and must admit I find it very disappointing to say the least to hear a player attacked like that.

It begins after every loss. Especially the didnt try comment, it happens from a number of posters on a number of players

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Didn’t try ?

Mate he was terrible tonight. He should be critised every corner was too long or didnt beat first man. Free kicks were poor just everything about his.performance was poor 

And I haven't "attacked him" it's called critism 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Did you see his cross to Grealish just before half time (which Jack bottled)? It was pure class, perfect. That was the perfect time to get one back, and could've been a game changer.

I don't think he was so poor at all, but obviously end product was not there.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Did you see his cross to Grealish just before half time (which Jack bottled)? It was pure class, perfect. That was the perfect time to get one back, and could've been a game changer.

I don't think he was so poor at all, but obviously end product was not there.

That was a terrible miss from grealish 

I thought he was woeful today, but so was everyone else. 

He probably seemed the worst player on the pitch because he's fallen from higher than most. 

I think Adomah was terrible too but had a better game than Snodgrass. Hourihane had a nightmare but his downturn wasn't anywhere near as dramatic as those two from where he came from. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its fair he was the worst player on the pitch tinight. Did not even try.

So disappointing was so mediocre

I'm baffled by this. I have him MOTM. Not that that was hard.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate he was terrible tonight. He should be critised every corner was too long or didnt beat first man. Free kicks were poor just everything about his.performance was poor 

I disagree. THIS post is criticism, fair enough, but the original post said he wasn’t trying, that’s an attack on his character as well as ( imo) being incorrect.

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

I disagree. THIS post is criticism, fair enough, but the original post said he wasn’t trying, that’s an attack on his character as well as ( imo) being incorrect.

When i see his set pieces all being extremely very poor it seemed the effort was not there.

It was not just snodgrass but I thought he was so bad yesterday.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When i see his set pieces all being extremely very poor it seemed the effort was not there.

Since when do bad set pieces mean you're not trying?

Seriously, if I could pick the one Villa player who put the most effort in last night, It's Robert Snodgrass. 

I don't know what game you were watching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Since when do bad set pieces mean you're not trying?

Seriously, if I could pick the one Villa player who put the most effort in last night, It's Robert Snodgrass. 

I don't know what game you were watching.

I disagree i thought he was dreadful 

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree i thought he was dreadful 

He was dreadful - they all were. However, I don't think his effort can be questioned. He tried hard but had a poor game. Too many players had poor games last night hence the result. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly lads, its called critism, everyone is allowed some critism now and again...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

Exactly lads, its called critism, everyone is allowed some critism now and again...

I don't think it's the criticism of his performance last night that people are taking issue with. I think almost everybody would admit he had a poor game (as did every other Villa player). 

The accusation of him not trying is what most people would struggle to agree with. He tried hard but nothing he did came off (barring the ball for Grealish's header and the pull back for Chester's goal).

Actually reading that back even having a bad game he still should have had two assists. Wasn't the worst player on the pitch and certainly didn't show a lack of effort or not try in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

He was dreadful - they all were. However, I don't think his effort can be questioned. He tried hard but had a poor game. Too many players had poor games last night hence the result. 

I am not singling just snods on effort they all made little. I just thought he was so bad yesterday. 

I can take losing but yesterday there is no excuse for that with this squad of players. It was a complete farce. Worst home performance in the championship ive seen from us.  

Â