Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan

Elmo Omodah/Lansbury Green

Hourihane

Davis

Subs - GK + Defence RDL Jedi (DM too)

MF - Adomah Omodah/Lansbury O'Hare

Attack - RHM/Hogan/Gaby/SambaSuperSub

So that leaves us with the following for the cup game resting our 1st 11 mainstayers

Steer

Hutton Samba Elphick RDL

Jedi

Adomah Thor Gaby

O'Hare

Hogan

Subs - GK Bedeau Lyden RHM McC + any kids

Those 2 teams should win both games should our game plan be "front foot - dominate - dont give them a chance"

Can only see Bruce making a mess of it or scraping through though.

There will undoubtedly be some changes as Fridays game is more important but keeping the winning momentum is just as too.

I think we'll line up as follows

...............Steer (cup goalie)

Bree.Chester.Samba.De Laet

...........Jedinak.Lansbury

Adomah......O'Hare......Birkir

....................Hogan

subs: Johnstone, Hutton, Richards, Hourihane, Green, Elmo, Davis

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

We have played Wigan three times in the League Cup and have won all three (2-1 (a) in 1982, 5-0 (h) & 3-0 (a) both in 1994). We did the double over them last year (1-0 (h) & 2-0 (a)). Strangely in league games we have only lost to them once away (2-3 in 2006) and they have only been beaten by us twice at Villa Park (in 2011 & last season). Overall in games against Tuesday's visitors we have won 10, drawn 6 and lost 5 times. 

I would not play anyone likely to appear 3 days later. I would go something like: Steer, De Laet, Samba, Elphick, Borg, Adomah, Lyden, O'Hare, Bjarnason, Hepburn-Murphy & Gabby. I might even give Richards and McCormack a run out. :o I would like to think that we can win this one by around twelvety....

Edited by John
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

cant see bruce not starting davis here

i would test davis and hogan up top see how they get on. perfect opportunity 

Davis was dead at the end on sat (understandably). No point playing him tomorrow, keep him fresh for Friday. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Davis was dead at the end on sat (understandably). No point playing him tomorrow, keep him fresh for Friday. 

Yeah if \Bruce wants to only play him one of the games then definitely save him for bristol city game. that takes priority. maybe give hogan and RHM a run up top

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

I would not play anyone likely to appear 3 days later. I would go something like: Steer, De Laet, Samba, Elphick, Borg, Adomah, Lyden, O'Hare, Bjarnason, Hepburn-Murphy & Gabby. I might even give Richards and McCormack a run out. :o I would like to think that we can win this one by around twelvety....

I'm torn between  thinking that giving the outcasts one last chance to show their stuff might be useful and going with full faith in the youngsters. Interesting team sheet to come. 

Lyden and Borg played today for the U23s so I guess they won't be involved. Steer, Bree, Adomah, De Laet, O'Hare will definitely start I think. After that it's a complete guess.

• Like 1

RHM should play. He needs a start see how he gets on. Think he will play with Hogan to be honest. hogan should not play full 90 minutes. Give him about 60 at most.

Have gabby on bench as well 

Even a weaker squad I wnat Hutton nowhere near the side. the guy is a terrible footballer 

Here's the U23 squad from today, so we know who's likely not to start tomorrow. I would go tomorrow with this:

Steer

De Laet  Chester  Samba  Taylor

Adomah Jedi Onomah Lansbury 

Hogan    OHare

It will be good to get De Laet, Jedi and Adomah some minutes, and give Steer a deserved start. OHare deserves to show what he can do too, if he plays well it'll give Bruce a headache of who to pick on Friday.

Struggling to see who plays LB too. Maybe the dreaded Richards at RB and De Laet at LB. Guessing Bjarnasson with by LW with Green out. Jedi, Doyle Hayes and OHare central with Adomah out wide and McCormack upfront? 

Adomah was in the Sat squad so that can't be right. Gabby maybe or RHM?