Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Another assist from someone who "offers absolutely nothing" & "one of the worst players ever to play for villa" ?

And yet defensively he was beaten over and over again. I wouldn’t say worst player, but he’s not that good. 

Let’s face it if you read this forum you quickly realise all our players are hopeless just like all the ones that we have been able to get rid of over recent years is there anyone good enough for us ?

12 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Another assist from someone who "offers absolutely nothing" & "one of the worst players ever to play for villa" ?

Great assist for the goal, but he lumped a lot of balls into the box before that to no avail. At one point he lumped one in when no one was even near the penalty area. I'll give him his due, when he has a bit of space and time he can deliver a good ball in as we have seen this season.

Defensively he is pants.

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Odd cross aside the bloke is bang average at best.

His crosses are mostly terrible as well. As soon as he is inside the opposition half he looks to hit a high, looping cross into the box. Attackers must be waiting for the keeper to come out and clatter into them. Hospital crosses. Someone should have taught him when and how to hit a cross a long time ago. He'd be a much better player then.  

Hopefully won’t get many games other than filling in at RB, now that his mate Bruce is gone...

Be glad to see him and a few others shipped out and replaced with some genuine quality if we get an actually decent manager in.

So glad the nightmare is over.

On 03/10/2018 at 08:47, smg said:

Let’s face it if you read this forum you quickly realise all our players are hopeless just like all the ones that we have been able to get rid of over recent years is there anyone good enough for us ?

You have got a point, many have left and gone on to do better things.....I guess playing as a team with Identity, would help most of our players.

but you can only comment on what you see.....and what I see from him defensively isn't much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He is the definition of Aston Villa at the minute.

He is solid, but not spectacular, he is a bit boring and will not achieve much as things stand. 

No Identity....is he a full back or a winger?

Was just about to say Bruce will probably have another job by January and Elmo will no doubt be one of his first signings 

Yes he gets his fair share of assists but I think its more down to putting in the number of crosses that he does, usually nowhere near any player. Put in 20 crosses a match though and you will get one right now and again. I bet his success rate of crosses is very low. 

• Like 1

watching the highlights and in first half he conceded a throw and went for a walk towards the ref and Preston took it quick and Robinson had a one on one with the keeper

woeful headless footballer

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Junxs said:

Was just about to say Bruce will probably have another job by January and Elmo will no doubt be one of his first signings 

Yes he gets his fair share of assists but I think its more down to putting in the number of crosses that he does, usually nowhere near any player. Put in 20 crosses a match though and you will get one right now and again. I bet his success rate of crosses is very low. 

The worry is the whole back 4 is over 30, excluding Axel of course who is on loan.

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

watching the highlights and in first half he conceded a throw and went for a walk towards the ref and Preston took it quick and Robinson had a one on one with the keeper

woeful headless footballer

He plays like he is in a testimonial for me.

No vigour or tenacity.

Hopefully Elmo now has to earn his place fitting into a system rather than just having his name automatically on the sheet. 

I know people will mention his assists but I don't see his point. 

Not a great defender and not a great winger. 

I am sure a proper winger would get even more assists. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â