Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That moment when Bruce screams at Elmo to find a pass and stop putting nothing balls into the channel. Have you not watched him for the past 7 years?

Still, he played well. He's not a right back but he does a job when you don't have to defend much. You know what you're gonna get.

He is'nt a midfielder either

Thought he was poor as well, but would benefit by having some experience in front of him (Bolasie), like he had last season with Snodgrass.

For me he needs to be starting each game there now with Bree the option to replace him and challenge him for the first team slot.

I accept most of the comments.

He is not for me, he is neither one thing or the other....too tentative and indecisive for me, stands off too much and winches at tough challenges, instead of giving as good as he gets.

The claim he is our best right back is an indictment on the rest.

It was a good cross for the goal....but I suspect had anyone other than Bolasie been there, it would have ended up an innocuous cross.....his sharp reaction and bravery made that goal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

2 goals & 2 assists in 8 games and people still moaning about him playing ?

I'm only moaning about him being a winger and not a right back. We have a lot of quality options for right wing, and Elmo showed last season he is a good right back at this level, so I'd rather see Elmo at right back and Bolasie or El Ghazi starting at wing. 

A right side of Elmo and Hutton doesn't fill me with attacking confidence. 

On 19/09/2018 at 19:07, Dr_Pangloss said:

Right back is by far his best position and he's the best right back we have at the club.

If true that shows how poor our options really are.

• Like 1

Elmohamady is not a good enough right back to be playing for us in the position - he hides; week in, week out you can see him pointing at a left winger whilst running away from him, you can see him playing his stock ball down the line to nobody, you can see him pick up a ball on the right and not dream of taking on the opposition fullback, you can see him pick up a ball that's broken from a set piece and look to play sidewards, backwards, anywhere that means he won't get noticed, won't make a mistake. He's trying very hard to do as little as possible so that he can't be blamed for anything.

• Like 3

I rate him at RB, but I think his partnership with Snodgrass may have amplified his abilities last season, so that might be why.

To be honest I'm struggling to judge anybody in the team at the moment.

When Grealish and Chester, by far our best players, are looking crap, something is wrong.

Â