John Terry

Farlz

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Me either. He's a real asset. 

But like i said, playing well for villa doesn't excuse poor shitty behaviour in the past. 

You asked if my opinion had changed, my opinion on the impact he would have has massively changed, my opinion on him as a man stays the same. 

Fair enough. Out of curiosity. If he one day came out and said he regretted and was sorry for the things he did in the past and was very sincere about it. Would you still think he is was a shit person?

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Out of curiosity. If he one day came out and said he regretted and was sorry for the things he did in the past and was very sincere about it. Would you still think he is was a shit person?

What has he done? I know nothing about him other then he played for Chelsea and England.

On 07/12/2017 at 23:39, VillaChris said:

We train four days a week judging by his Instagram posts. He's usually posts family stuff on a Sunday and Wednesday. Imagine he goes back down there after the game on a Saturday, comes back for training and stays at the Belfry or a club house if we still have them in preparation for the games.

He's hardly going to uproot his family when he's maybe six months from retiring.

Plenty of other plays have done it, Given, Friedel, Heskey and Ireland all still lived in Cheshire when they played for us. Going way back I'm pretty sure Alan Wright and Michael Oakes used to commute from the North west aswell.

After a dodgy first few games I've been very happy with how well John Terry has been doing on the pitch for us and also the low profile he's kept in the media. All good and if it works for him why change things?

We rent houses from a company, most of them are in the little aston/four oaks estate area. I know this my dad sometimes works for the company doing work on their houses, and villa players are occasionally the tenant. He's got to meet quite a few over the years! 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

We rent houses from a company, most of them are in the little aston/four oaks estate area. I know this my dad sometimes works for the company doing work on their houses, and villa players are occasionally the tenant. He's got to meet quite a few over the years! 

Out of interest, who was the the hightest profile Villa player he had as a tenant?

43 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Out of interest, who was the the hightest profile Villa player he had as a tenant?

He fitted Paul Lambert's cinema at his house on the bracebridge Rd. Said he rarely stayed there, preferred to live at an apartment in town. Done work on the snakes house just before he left, Petrov's, Graham Taylors about a year before he died, bannans and I think Kodija's of the current players.. I'm not sure but I think obviously some of these people aren't part of the club anymore but I think a lot still use the same company villa uses for home repairs and modifications who my dad subcontracts to. I think it's cos he's older, in his 60's and even though is a villa fan just gets on with the job and doesn't ask for any autographs or photos etc which I probably would lol. Had a few chats with many of them, said it was a bit bizarre having Graham Taylor ask him if he wanted a tea. It will come as no surprise that Lambert never said anything to him. He's done quite a few houses over the last 5ish years but he said a lot of the time the player isn't home and it might be their PA or partner etc who let's him in. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He fitted Paul Lambert's cinema at his house on the bracebridge Rd. Said he rarely stayed there, preferred to live at an apartment in town. Done work on the snakes house just before he left, Petrov's, Graham Taylors about a year before he died, bannans and I think Kodija's of the current players.. I'm not sure but I think obviously some of these people aren't part of the club anymore but I think a lot still use the same company villa uses for home repairs and modifications who my dad subcontracts to. I think it's cos he's older, in his 60's and even though is a villa fan just gets on with the job and doesn't ask for any autographs or photos etc which I probably would lol. Had a few chats with many of them, said it was a bit bizarre having Graham Taylor ask him if he wanted a tea. It will come as no surprise that Lambert never said anything to him. He's done quite a few houses over the last 5ish years but he said a lot of the time the player isn't home and it might be their PA or partner etc who let's him in. 

Suprised Lambert never mentioned to him that 'We go again'?

Class about GT and the cup of tea though. :lol:

Defensively we are doing better than I thought we would without him but I wonder if our overall game is suffering a bit.

Without his calm and passing we are finding it even harder to build up play.

Chester is OK a this, but Samba is terrible with the ball and apparently Johnstone's distribution was horrific yesterday.

With us not having a playmaker in midfield it get's a bit random and unorganized. 

(Should add that I didn't see any of our last 2 games so it's based on assumptions and the games before these 2)

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Chester is OK a this, but Samba is terrible with the ball and apparently Johnstone's distribution was horrific yesterday.

Think you’re right, Terry is great with his feet and our whole build up has suffered for it. Johnstones distribution was awful but that was mainly because he had to resort to punting forward for Davis.

On 12/7/2017 at 17:08, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm sorry, I'm a racist.

Oh, right then, no problem. Carry on! :huh:

11 minutes ago, villakram said:

I'm sorry, I'm a racist.

Oh, right then, no problem. Carry on! :huh:

Firstly one racist slur in the heat of the moment does not make a person a racist. Secondly are you saying they can never be forgiven for that slur even if they regret it and sincerely apologised?

God I hate this PC crap. Biggest cause of racism there is in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/9/2017 at 19:59, Eastie said:

I think he will play against sheff utd in 2 weeks time 

As do I. I think jedinak will play CB vs derby with elphick on bench.

Hopefully if it is elphick he takes his chance like others have and dont put in another stinker like boro. 

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Firstly one racist slur in the heat of the moment does not make a person a racist. Secondly are you saying they can never be forgiven for that slur even if they regret it and sincerely apologised?

God I hate this PC crap. Biggest cause of racism there is in my opinion.

In the heat of the moment is the same as when one is inebriated and in neither case does one accidentally become racist.

He apologized because he was caught, same as it ever was. 

21 minutes ago, villakram said:

In the heat of the moment is the same as when one is inebriated and in neither case does one accidentally become racist.

He apologized because he was caught, same as it ever was. 

Ok you continue to forever see him as a racist and shit person. Thankfully the villa staff do not see him this way as it wouldn't be good for team morale. 

Â