Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It was on sky news not long ago. 

I'm sure it's on Fox too. I'm sure they're blaming the whiskey in between their country rock segments. 

What does piss me off is the fact that all the newspapers are labeling the whole incident like this. 

"White man drives into Muslim worshipers".

Why can't they just write "Scum drives into innocent people for his racist beliefs".

The labeling is just making things worse. The individuals who were driven over were people, that's what we should identify them as. Not everyone has to be put in a box. He maimed innocent people who were also Muslims, but at the end of the day we are all people. 

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I'm sure it's on Fox too. I'm sure they're blaming the whiskey in between their country rock segments. 

Have you heard that terrible country rock they put out? Outrageously bad.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Have you heard that terrible country rock they put out? Outrageously bad.

Yeah, it reminds me of those old 80's workout VHS theme tunes they used to do on TV-shop when I was over in Florida. At least they could use something good..

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Yeah, it reminds me of those old 80's workout VHS theme tunes they used to do on TV-shop when I was over in Florida. At least they could use something good..

Bit of skynyrd would fit like a glove.

31 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I have. I didn't see it.

You've obviously not been on Twitter then.  Click on the Darren Osborne trending stories and I make it about 19 of the first 20 tweets all making the exact same point.  Virtue signalling at its finest.

Bethan L. Evans @BethEvsTV
As a white Welsh person I'd like to apologise for Darren Osborne&apologise for letting him slip through the net.That's how this works right?

Scott Lewis @ScottyLewis4  3h3 hours ago

I think it's disgusting how the white community of Weston-super-Mare didn't report Darren Osborne to the police. What are they hiding?

Steven McCallum @Steven_M17  3h3 hours ago
Attacker identified as 47-year-old Darren Osborne. Why didn't his community not stop him carrying out this attack?!.... #FinsburyPark

The #FinsburyPark terrorist has been identified as 47-year-old Darren Osborne from Cardiff. Where was he radicalized?

And so on, and so on.  All believing that it's incredibly original.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Risso said:

You've obviously not been on Twitter then.  Click on the Darren Osborne trending stories and I make it about 19 of the first 20 tweets all making the exact same point.  Virtue signalling at its finest.

As a white Welsh person I'd like to apologise for Darren Osborne&apologise for letting him slip through the net.That's how this works right?

I think it's disgusting how the white community of Weston-super-Mare didn't report Darren Osborne to the police. What are they hiding?

Attacker identified as 47-year-old Darren Osborne. Why didn't his community not stop him carrying out this attack?!.... #FinsburyPark

The #FinsburyPark terrorist has been identified as 47-year-old Darren Osborne from Cardiff. Where was he radicalized?

The frequency this has been put today is possibly less people trying to be witty (only to realise someone has beaten them to it), and more the fact that everytime we get a terrorist incident the go-to reaction is to blame the muslim community for not doing more. That happens not only on Twitter but in many places including VT, and frankly my good man it is boulderdash and it needs lampooning, repeatedly, to the point it's lack of originality causes someone to get annoyed - because it's a 100% BS reaction in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Risso said:

It wasn't meaning to say it wasn't out there. I'd positively expect it. More just a quip that I hadn't actually seen any even though I've been e-active today and it surprised me. Wasn't meaning to disagree.

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

What does piss me off is the fact that all the newspapers are labeling the whole incident like this. 

"White man drives into Muslim worshipers".

Why can't they just write "Scum drives into innocent people for his racist beliefs".

The labeling is just making things worse. The individuals who were driven over were people, that's what we should identify them as. Not everyone has to be put in a box. He maimed innocent people who were also Muslims, but at the end of the day we are all people. 

Just a glimpse at how it feels to be Muslim in this climate basically. Can hardly take a breath without their religious affiliation being somehow relevant.

43 minutes ago, peterms said:

Mr Yaxley-Lennon, who calls himself "Tommy Robinson" cos it sahnds pwopah working clarrss, explains the state of the world.

Cheers Tom, thanks for the advice.  See you in court, again.

Booked on Good Morning Britain tomorrow.:bang:

• Like 1

I see the Times have gone with a loner wolf with mental health issues headline. Disgraceful. The guy apparently has been following Britain First, EDL, Hopkins, Robinson etc. There's your mob right there. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I see the Times have gone with a loner wolf with mental health issues headline. Disgraceful. The guy apparently has been following Britain First, EDL, Hopkins, Robinson etc. There's your mob right there. 

He's probably really proud of himself, "taking action" against the enemy. I really hope he is not found to be mental and gets the full force of the law.

22 minutes ago, omariqy said:

He can be those things and still a terrorist.

Just like your Jo Cox word removed.

• Like 2

Seeing Piers Morgan absolutely flatten Tommy Robinson this morning made me realise how stupid EDL and their supporters are. Why anyone subscribes to the absolute bs they spout is beyond me.

23 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The Telegraph has gone with the 'nutter flipped' and the The Independent have gone with ' Number of far-right watch list soars by 30% ' (an actual increase of 20 people).

Â