Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I wouldn't dismiss the idea of an afterlife to easily. It may be the only opportunity we get to watch Villa win the league. 

Everybody else's best team ever would be up there too though, so we'd still be midtable.

• Like 3

An ETERNITY of ANYTHING would be insufferable . Imagine being constantly aware and processing thoughts forever ?

Let's just say for a laugh that I died an 80 year old man and made it to heaven . There waiting for me is my 44 year old dad and 55 year old mom. Their first reaction would be "who the hell is this wrinkly ballbag "?

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And those of us that don't don't need sympathy, we are content, in fact we are far more content in life than those with beliefs. As we don't need a mystical comfort blanket to deal with the harsh realities of life.

Thats your prerogative just like its mine to believe there is a afterlife. I think your final line is ridiculous though 

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats your prerogative just like its mine to believe there is a afterlife. I think your final line is ridiculous though 

Well you would, as I think religious beliefs and belief in an after life is ridiculous. As you say that's each of our perogatives but what really winds me up is when people who opt to believe feel sorry for those that don't which is what you were saying and I responded too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It takes all kinds. Plenty of videos of people describing the afterlife etc etc. I believe for two reasons, 

1 comfort

2 experience of the paranormal and otherworldly experiences.

number 2 will get stamped on by the skeptics for being my imagination and not thinking rationally. I've experienced enough by myself and within groups to know what I saw and heard. It's a strange old world and there is plenty we don't know.

If you can provide proof of your paranormal experiences then there is some money to be made.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

An ETERNITY of ANYTHING would be insufferable . Imagine being constantly aware and processing thoughts forever ?

Let's just say for a laugh that I died an 80 year old man and made it to heaven . There waiting for me is my 44 year old dad and 55 year old mom. Their first reaction would be "who the hell is this wrinkly ballbag "?

In Islamic heaven everyone is 35, do instead you would be like "who is this foxy mama" to your grandma or mom :lol:

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

In Islamic heaven everyone is 35, do instead you would be like "who is this foxy mama" to your grandma or mom :lol:

I would be more pissed off with the crystal white wine that doesn't get you pissed .  

Quran 37;45-47

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

those who choose not believe that is their choice, but i really do feel sad for those that don't believe as if it is true who knows where you will end up... 

Who knows where those who follow the wrong religion will end up.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has already been posted.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of posting an offensive Facebook post about the London Finsbury Park attack. 

Police said a 37-year-old man, believed to be the son of an owner of the Rhonda Cynon Taff company whose van was used in Monday's attack, is in custody.

Richard Evans allegedly posted: "It's a shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then."

His father, Lee Evans, said he condemned the remarks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40347813

The mind really does boggle at just how idiotic some people are.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure if this has already been posted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40347813

The mind really does boggle at just how idiotic some people are.

If true it's horrible and I hope he is charged, his dad's business will do well to keep going after all this.

I was reading early that a lot of posts on Britain First or rather the comments on posts have also been reported.

I work with a bloke and he came out with some pretty dumb stuff the other week. I say dumb, but it's probably the most dumbest thing I've ever heard. 

Arm a percentage of people in your county with guns. Anyone with a criminal record is a no and anyone with a name like Abdul or Mohammed is definitely a no. Arm them so if anything does happen regarding an Islamic extremist attack we can defend ourself. 

My answer to that was , well wouldn't it be better to just have armed police? Apparently not because you cannot trust them.

another point of his was even more ludicrous. Let all the Muslims have our country and we will all move to Afghanistan. What about the native afghans? Ship them over here. Also although we are struggling financially to fund everything over here already he thinks we would have the money to basically build a new country in Afghanistan with railways, roads, basically everything we would need to continue our western way of life. 

I thought he was joking but he certainly wasn't .

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Well you would, as I think religious beliefs and belief in an after life is ridiculous. As you say that's each of our perogatives but what really winds me up is when people who opt to believe feel sorry for those that don't which is what you were saying and I responded too.

I guess we wound each other up then in this instance because i see absolutely no reason to believe what you stated in your second sentence. Believing in something has absolutely nothing with escaping the harsh realities of real life.

I do feel people seem to have some rather do take the piss out of those who believe with their expressions (this isnt a dig at you) but just some of the wording like mythical etc.

I think if people wanna believe they should be able to without those kind of words like "fantasy" trying to downplay those who believe. Facts are i dont know for certain  as you dont either. those are our own individual beliefs which we are entitled to have!

Â