Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

The Imam is a very good friend of my brother in law. He apparently held on to the guy and sat down with him and kept hold of him whilst telling others not to touch him. Police were fairly quick on the scene apparently. Armed police came a lot later. 

Respect to that guy. And that last line is probably the crux of the differences in accounts.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Respect to that guy. And that last line is probably the crux of the differences in accounts.

First responders would have relayed to control quite quickly that incident was under control and no firearms involved

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well, there is a video of the guy being arrested. He is surrounded by a crowd, some of whom are clearly angry (rightly) and sound like they are seeking retribution while others appear to be helping the Police hold people back and calm the situation.

That Imam showed an extraordinary calm head and good heart, that puts many of us to shame. I only wish that I could be of such a kind and courageous nature if put in those circumstances.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Credit to Sajid Javid he is down Finsbury park talking to the local community as was Jeremy Corbyn 

How bloody depressing we have to give credit to our politicians for speaking to people on the ground after events like this, due to the utter contempt our PM holds the public in.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Grim stuff.

Firstly, wrong thread. Secondly as we've seen this morning rabid people on social media will claim a lot of things to try and cause upset. If this is the case then let the police and firemen get on with it, they will report on their findings as soon as possible. The media doesn't have any more access to our police and firemen than we do.

No, police and firemen won't withhold information from people on purpose. They are following our rules. No, the police didn't arrive 45 minutes late because the guys driven into were immigrants. They were there 4 minutes and 28 seconds after the report. QUICKER than our recent bridge terror attack.

Edited by magnkarl

People have been injured and died in this attack, and some idiots (plus the hundreds who 'liked' it) find a way to make Tommy Robinson the victim.

Wastes of skin and bone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

How bloody depressing we have to give credit to our politicians for speaking to people on the ground after events like this, due to the utter contempt our PM holds the public in.

Hmm sorry Stefan but Corbyn got credit for meeting victims so why shouldn't those like Javid regardless what party they represent? Mays a coward me know that but not all are the same. Again you are letting your hatred for the conservatives cloud your judgement 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm sorry Stefan but Corbyn got credit for meeting victims so why shouldn't those like Javid regardless what party they represent? Mays a coward me know that but not all are the same. Again you are letting your hatred for the conservatives cloud your judgement 

I think you totally misunderstood my comment. Drastically so.

My ire was solely logged at the feet of Theresa May. In a normal climate, meeting victims and families in these events would be part and parcel of their jobs, but because of the Maybot's total lack of empathy and contempt towards the public, we have to congratulate the likes of Javid and Corbyn, for simply doing their jobs.

Would be nice if you retracted that last part, ta.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Why shouldn't they receive praise though? We all sit their critising them all day long when they do crappy things but when they do good they should be given praise to. Corbyn deserves a lot of credit for meeting the victims of the fore as does Javid going to Finsbury Park and taking the time to talk to locals, about plans and express their anger. We all complain when they don't listen to us, now they are taking the time to listen, yet still complaining and not happy. 

This has nothing to do with May, we all know she is a horrible heartless cretin. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Why shouldn't they receive praise though? We all sit their critising them all day long when they do crappy things but when they do good they should be given praise to. Corbyn deserves a lot of credit for meeting the victims of the fore as does Javid going to Finsbury Park and taking the time to talk to locals, about plans and express their anger. We all complain when they don't listen to us, now they are taking the time to listen, yet still complaining and not happy. 

This has nothing to do with May, we all know she is a horrible heartless cretin. 

Again, a complete misunderstanding.

Pointless task this. You've somehow twisted what was solely, and quite clearly, an insult at the feet of Theresa May, into a 'Stefan hates the conservatives' post.

Amusing.

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Again, a complete misunderstanding.

Pointless task this.

Well considering since you have edited your post from the first which gives  a better understanding of the post I wouldnt say its pointless 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My ire was solely logged at the feet of Theresa May. In a normal climate, meeting victims and families in these events would be part and parcel of their jobs, but because of the Maybot's total lack of empathy and contempt towards the public, we have to congratulate the likes of Javid and Corbyn, for simply doing their jobs.

Would be nice if you retracted that last part, ta.

I still don't get whats so wrong with this. It might be part of their job but they dont have to do this. From what I have heard both spent a significant amount of time talking to people and not rushing off. When the riots were happening years ago in my local area Enfield I did not see my local MP once, she didn't talk to us, reassure us or anything. You might not want to praise which is your choice of course I won't try to change your mind but if I think they deserve praise when they do right they will receive it 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

You might not want to praise which is your choice of course I won't try to change your mind but if I think they deserve praise when they do right they will receive it 

Blimey.

It's not that i don't want to give praise. I think it's bloody tragic that people are falling over themselves to give praise for politicians doing their jobs, and it's because of Theresa May not doing hers.

If May was doing the same thing, there wouldn't be the same level of praise for the likes of Corbyn or Javid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

More than that I think they really need to be more careful with public reactions to events which are raw, uncensored (for the right reasons) and broadcast without being fact checked or challenged.

Its irresponsible and dangerous.

This was exactly my point with Sky and BBC coverage of Grenfell. We never seemed to get the 'angry outpouring' of locals and relatives after the Manchester and London Bridge stuff - just the usual bereaved relatives saying how wonderful the deceased all were and what heroes the emergency services (quite rightly) and the people bravely stepping in to try and disrupt the sequence of events and buy people more time before shooters could arrive. For Grenfell, we've seen an escalation of media tapping into and stoking the rage of locals and residents affected by the fire. Giving air time to people so desperately angry and needing to lash out and pin blame on somebody, anybody, that they ask all sorts of questions that the politicians just cannot answer right now. It's all stuff that needs investigating and done properly.

Here again in Finsbury, we are giving all and sundry a platform now to spout untruths about what actually happened. Just to fill air time. It's tragic.

I really think the media are baiting the crowds. I mean, why on earth do the whole of Sky News and BBC feel the need to fully decamp to the scene of these events? It's like, 'here we are, everyone with a story to tell, come and see Aunty Kay and we'll get you on tele... It doesn't matter what you say, but if you sound convincing, we'll play the clip six times an hour...'

• Like 2

Â