Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

The white community needs to do more to stop this sort of thing. I mean why are they all just sitting on their hands while this guy is plotting something like this. Clearly they all knew exactly what he was up to and decided to say nothing. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The white community needs to do more to stop this sort of thing. I mean why are they all just sitting on their hands while this guy is plotting something like this. Clearly they all knew exactly what he was up to and decided to say nothing. 

Congratulations, you are the 20,000,000th person to make the same original point on the internet today, and you therefore win the internet itself.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I think the reason she's got so much stick for what she did and didn't do (even from her own party) is because of many reasons.

She hid away from TV debates, claiming "she'd rather go out and meet real people" 

She didn't "meet real people" at the fire scene "because of security concerns". The London Major and the England Queen didn't seem to have security concerns.

In the immediate aftermath of the fire, it became crystal clear that the residents hadn't been listened to, over a long period of time, Turning up and listening would have been a very good move. Hiding away not so much. It's fine to meet the various chiefs etc. in private, but don't then naff off and avoid the people whose homes and families have been burnt down - go and tell them that as PM you will do ...

If she's scared of getting heckled, or whatever, she's not fit to be PM. I don't think she's heartless or cruel, just someone above her level of ability by several layers. On things like Hillsborough and Stop and Search she made morally good choices, she's suitable for a junior minister post, probably. As both home Sec and PM she's just terrible. Can only follow a script, can't relate to people, can't answer questions or think on her feet. Jeremy Corbyn looks like a statesman in comparison, which is frankly bonkers.

There's basically no one left with any confidence in her.

Well actually Pete, I think she's gre....ah bollocks, no you're right, she's dreadful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

OT but I love how the Express managed to get an obligatory  Diana on the front page

No Madeleine McCann though. 

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

#notinmyname#nonracistwhite

6 minutes ago, Risso said:

Congratulations, you are the 20,000,000th person to make the same original point on the internet today, and you therefore win the internet itself.

If people had been asking the 'brown community' to do more about the London Bridge or Manchester attacks he might actually have a point.

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This whole demanding (whichever) people do more to stop....is insulting and pathetic. I guess that's the point you're making.

If I was to go up to the nearest brown person, or muslim person and demand that they condemn the manchester attacker or whichever religious wing nut did the latest islamic atrocity they'd be in their rights to go mental at me. I'd be basically accusing them of sympathising with it, or condoning it, without any reason whatsoever other than they look a bit muslim-y. Ditto in reverse - they'd be accusing me of being a bit far-right nazi-ish, by implication. It's not two different types of people - muslims and whites - it's just normal gentle peaceful people of religion or no religion, of whatever colour of skin and then there's some contorted monsters, whether far right or radical islam. It's normal people (99%) and homicidal maniacs (1%). All the peaceful people are on the same side, and peaceful people demanding other peaceful people stop "their" idiots is just crass and insulting.

Which doesn't mean that a peaceful person shouldn't take steps to stop attacks/alert authorities/prevent hate being spread etc. if they see it or get wind of it. Thing is they do and have. Whether it's the pensioner trying to protect Jo Cox, the Imam in Finsbury, the people who reported the Manchester arsehole to the authorities. Whether it's the politicians condemning the van driver, or the muslim council people condemning the London attacker.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, will87 said:

If people had been asking the 'brown community' to do more about the London Bridge or Manchester attacks he might actually have a point.

You're joking right?

People always say this after a Muslim terrorist attack.

I was talking to my Muslim mate/boss this morning about the attack. Somehow I'd got the impression the attacker was Muslim. We both agreed that the idiots who carry out terror attacks are highly unstable people who like the stage the 24/7 blanket news gives them. I didn't expect him to condemn the attacker, neither did he with me.

Found out later it was a white probably far right idiot. It didn't make a blind bit of difference.

This is probably a bit of virtue signalling but I don't care. I'm glad I can use mine and my friend's reactions to confirm we're reasonable people.

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Oh. I did actually look at all 8 pages here to see nobody else had said it, which I feel is a good level of preparation before posting. Haven't seen the rest of the internet today. 

I have. I didn't see it.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Videos that I've seen of the attacker appear to show him half pissed imo. A resident who lived near by him has just said they saw him on Saturday in a hire van and appearing drunk and acting weird.

Was it the same guy who said it took the police an hour to arrive? 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Was it the same guy who said it took the police an hour to arrive? 

The same people in that video Stefan posted earlier I suspect. People need to stay off social media for their news updates as it's full of attention-craving people who will go to any length just to get a like or a click. (a bit like the Daily Mail)

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

The same people in that video Stefan posted earlier I suspect. People need to stay off social media for their news updates as it's full of attention-craving people who will go to any length just to get a like or a click. (a bit like the Daily Mail)

It was on sky news not long ago. 

Â