Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A Muslim being interviewed said it was an hour before police turned up.

Well he is wrong either intentionally so or because he wasn't actually there and is simply repeating incorrect information.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I would imagine the correct time is easily verifiable. 

According to the MET, police were called at 12:20am and lots of units were on the scene within 10 minutes. So anyone spreading this misinformation about response time is an utter disgrace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

According to the MET, police were called at 12:20am and lots of units were on the scene within 10 minutes. So anyone spreading this misinformation about response time is an utter disgrace.

If you're gonna lie, then at least make it semi-believable. Absolutely nobody is going to believe a 1 hour response time to this.

Just now, Genie said:

If you're gonna lie, then at least make it semi-believable. Absolutely nobody is going to believe a 1 hour response time to this.

No? You sure about that?

I'm not. It's being repeated by enough people on social media right now to suggest otherwise.

I mean I saw someone last week say the fire in the tower block was the systems revenge for the bridge attack.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well he is wrong either intentionally so or because he wasn't actually there and is simply repeating incorrect information.

yep i have a friend who was there said they were there within 5 minutes. Absolute losers who are making things up and making our heroes job even tougher than what it is. 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No? You sure about that?

I'm not. It's being repeated by enough people on social media right now to suggest otherwise.

I mean I saw someone last week say the fire in the tower block was the systems revenge for the bridge attack.

I agree and disagree at the same time, people will latch onto it and push it around to further their own agenda... but I can't accept they actually believe it to be true.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He was there. Either way it's obvious he is wrong.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree and disagree at the same time, people will latch onto it and push it around to further their own agenda... but I can't accept they actually believe it to be true.

Then we differ on our levels of confidence in the intellect of some members of society.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Well he was at the scene. Doesn't mean he was there when it happened.

Well he gave his account of what happened, so I'm assuming he was there. He's lying about the response time, so maybe he's lying to the cameras about being there.

FB post by a friend of mine: 

Hmmmm, Yahoo have managed to confuse me. I spend some time trawling through the sick comments made celebrating the deaths of migrants and Muslims in Grenfell Tower, and condoning the terror attack outside the mosque last night. Apparently "we" (who ever that may be) are at war with all Muslims. All of this hate filled sick bile is apparently within Yahoo's guidance standards. But when I respond to each hate filled posting I find informing the poster they are "Braindead bigotted f***wits in serious need of psychological help", then I am in breach of these rules! Funny old World.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Give Trent a break, he is right the response time was good and they did everything well I have been told. I have no doubt to believe this person who actually lives there 

I'm not doubting the response time. Just pointing out what was said live on tv by someone who was there.

Well, there is a video of the guy being arrested. He is surrounded by a crowd, some of whom are clearly angry (rightly) and sound like they are seeking retribution while others appear to be helping the Police hold people back and calm the situation.

In my view if it had taken an hour or any other long and frankly unbelievable length of time for the Police to arrive I don't think they would have been arresting the guy.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

The MET have confirmed the response time. The BBC really should really do a better job at disputing this narrative during their interviews.

More than that I think they really need to be more careful with public reactions to events which are raw, uncensored (for the right reasons) and broadcast without being fact checked or challenged.

Its irresponsible and dangerous.

• Like 2

Â