Finsbury Park Incident

Keyblade

29 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He can be those things and still a terrorist.

Just like your Jo Cox word removed.

Of course. However when the headlines read Jobless Lone Wolf or Clean Shaven etc you are isolating him as one person when he is actually subscribing to far right views shared by many. If you are going to write headlines including the word 'Islamic' before the word terrorist,  you are automatically associating Islam with terrorism. In this instance it would be fairer to say far right nationalist or something similar. Alternatively, just use the same rule for both and not associate other groups with their warped ideas and horrific acts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Of course. However when the headlines read Jobless Lone Wolf or Clean Shaven etc you are isolating him as one person when he is actually subscribing to far right views shared by many. If you are going to write headlines including the word 'Islamic' before the word terrorist,  you are automatically associating Islam with terrorism. In this instance it would be fairer to say far right nationalist or something similar. Alternatively, just use the same rule for both and not associate other groups with their warped ideas and horrific acts. 

One thing that stuck out to me when reading an article was the authorities saying they were going to give him a mental evaluation immediately. It could be standard practice, but it's definitely the first time I've ever read or heard about something like that being done.

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

One thing that stuck out to me when reading an article was the authorities saying they were going to give him a mental evaluation immediately. It could be standard practice, but it's definitely the first time I've ever read or heard about something like that being done.

His mother is saying he had long term mental health issues. He does seem to have a few bolts missing from his head, but we cannot have one rule for one and  one rule for the other. Because Muslims seem more religious maybe it's easier for people to put them under the terrorist banner?

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Seeing Piers Morgan absolutely flatten Tommy Robinson this morning made me realise how stupid EDL and their supporters are. Why anyone subscribes to the absolute bs they spout is beyond me.

Wish I'd have seen that.

Sick of seeing that word removed on my fb time line, I've noticed that whenever someone likes or comments a post of his it appears on my timeline with links to purchase his books for £15 each. I've never noticed that before.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep, you have to be truly sane to strap a nail bomb to yourself and blow it up outside a pop concert

Thing is some of these people that do blow themselves up are sane. They have just been brainwashed into thinking they are going to paradise or whatever. Religion can be very powerful and make people do things that seem crazy to us.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Thing is some of these people that do blow themselves up are sane. They have just been brainwashed into thinking they are going to paradise or whatever. Religion can be very powerful and make people do things that seem crazy to us.

So insane then?

These double standards for Muslim terrorists against white, British terrorists are absurd.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

So insane then?

These double standards for Muslim terrorists against white, British terrorists are absurd.

Am I insane to believe there is something after death? It's easy to label them insane but it goes much deeper than that imo. I agree, that's why I said a few posts up that we cannot have double standards.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Am I insane to believe there is something after death? It's easy to label them insane but it goes much deeper than that imo. I agree, that's why I said a few posts up that we cannot have double standards.

If they truly believe that blowing yourself up killing innocent people will take you to some mystical paradise, then yes, you are insane.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

If they truly believe that blowing yourself up killing innocent people will take you to some mystical paradise, then yes, you are insane.

Pretty much.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

They believe it will please their god and the ultimate sacrifice is martyrdom. Insane to us but very real for people with disturbing religious views. I imagine they think we are insane for not living our life by god. 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Pretty much.

It's easy though just to label them insane. Deep rooted religious views is not insanity. I doubt some of them are, but my bet is that a lot of them are not insane and psychiatric tests would prove that. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Correct me if I am wrong Stefan but your saying its the "blowing up yourself " part that makes them insane not anyone that believes in after life like heaven ?

Yes. Although I am sure some will believe you are insane to believe in God. 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's easy though just to label them insane. Deep rooted religious views is not insanity. I doubt some of them are, but my bet is that a lot of them are not insane and psychiatric tests would prove that. 

Stefan is talking about the blowing yourself up part. Believe in life after death is normal for the majority of people in this world. However, to believe committing suicide to get to heaven when the same scripture forbids suicide (unless mentally ill) means that you must be unhinged. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Yes. Although I am sure some will believe you are insane to believe in God. 

Stefan is talking about the blowing yourself up part. Believe in life after death is normal for the majority of people in this world. However, to believe committing suicide to get to heaven when the same scripture forbids suicide (unless mentally ill) means that you must be unhinged. 

But insane? Some of these suicide bombers were normal folk before they got into religion and went doing what normal lads would of done. They find religion and next thing you know they are blowing themselves up. One minute normal then the next insane? Its just easy to label them insane instead of focusing on what they are being taught by certain people.

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Believe in life after death is normal for the majority of people in this world

is it ?

ok , I'm not a believer in any god so maybe I'm not the best person to ask , but its 2017 , people can't seriously believe in an afterlife  .. I don't know any suicide bombers but insane or not I bet their last thoughts as they donate themselves isn't "which virgin shall I **** first " ...

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

But insane? Some of these suicide bombers were normal folk before they got into religion and went doing what normal lads would of done. They find religion and next thing you know they are blowing themselves up. One minute normal then the next insane? Its just easy to label them insane instead of focusing on what they are being taught by certain people.

The large majority of these don't find religion. They don't even know the religion they listen to other people who tell them lies and fantasy stories about virgins etc. I'll try and find the report where it states that the majority of these terrorists don't tend to be religious or that knowledgeable about Islam. 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

is it ?

ok , I'm not a believer in any god so maybe I'm not the best person to ask , but its 2017 , people can't seriously believe in an afterlife  .. I don't know any suicide bombers but insane or not I bet their last thoughts as they donate themselves isn't "which virgin shall I **** first " ...

Well if you take the number of religious people in this world then yes it is normal for a lot of people. 

Just now, omariqy said:

The large majority of these don't find religion. They don't even know the religion they listen to other people who tell them lies and fantasy stories about virgins etc. I'll try and find the report where it states that the majority of these terrorists don't tend to be religious or that knowledgeable about Islam. 

I know they know very little about Islam. They are vulnerable people who are easily led by people who want them to do their dirty work for them. The thing is there is an extreme side of Islam that is preached all around the world and that's what they are following.

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

is it ?

I think a lot of people believe in an afterlife, whether it be genuine belief or just some form of comfort.

Â