General Election 2017

ender4

QT audience question: 'please answer, what are we actually going to get from this?'

David Davies: 'The PM is absolutely clear on this, we will get the best brexit'

The other tory panel member perfectly happy with that as an answer.

Question comes in on income tax rates and other tory bloke demands Labour spokesman answers the question 'specifically' AND asks a supplementary question on tax of his own.

I've not watched QT in quite some time so not sure on the format, anybody know who this guy, the other tory rep is?

620full-david-dimbleby.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Is May possibly ill or something?

I really can't understand somebody voluntarily calling an election they didn't have to and stating it is needed so she looks strong and stable and tough and bloody awkward - then going in to hiding. When she is flushed out like some scared twin setted fox, she looks awful and talks utter rubbish. All with the smile and laugh of someone proclaiming all is well, when they've clearly just done a very wet shit in their trouser suit.

I was thinking that as well.  Take away the Tory glad-rags and make-up and she would look 50 times worse.

I am starting to believe all is not right in her head and she has early onset something around the corner,  if one has mental health issues then I think it is easier to spot for myself and something is going on.  She is the only person I know who is, in front of our eyes morphing into Thatcher's own spitting image puppet.  I am not making this up,  there are funny eye and hand movements that I immediately connect to depression, anxiety and high levels of stress.  If you believe what you are saying and you can beat our opponents with a sharp mind and and sharp tongue,  no stress.  She knows she is out of her depth and I think the reality has set in,  no days off for a long time.  I hope she does not need any NHS care in the near future.  She is ill though that is for sure.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think the scary thing is that's very much a 2 way street, what % of voters next week will be voting against either labour or Tory rather than for them? It'll be far higher than what it should be

i wouldn't vote for May but would vote against labour, I won't vote for Corbin (I have every intention of spoiling mine)

I really don't understand this. If you don't want to vote for the individual vote for the policies, whatever party that may be. 

5 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I really don't understand this. If you don't want to vote for the individual vote for the policies, whatever party that may be. 

Regardless of if you agree or not I think it's perfectly understandable.

A vote in a GE is a lot of things, it's a vote for a local MP, it's a vote for the Party and their principles, a vote for the policies and it is a vote for a PM who has to instigate those policies, lead the nation and deal with everything a term in office throws up quite aside from what is in a manefesto.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Risso said:

If you've seen the film Withnail and I, she reminds me of the scene in the pub where Withnail is being threatened by the mad homicidal Irish bloke. The petrified look on her face is exactly the same.

"Ponce"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone see Boris on BBC Breakfast this morning?

The look of bemusement on his face when Charlie Stayt started unexpectedly laying into him for fudging a question about Trump scrapping the climate change agreement was beautiful.

Was going to watch it again but they've put a password on I player now so would love if anyone has a link for it. Terrific stuff.

That interview reflects the reality of this election. Boris is a complete liability, but then all the tory spokespeople are because they are defending the indefensible, in the belief that they are being 'good' ministers, or loyal. The net result is that they appear to be lying and the public, at the end of the day elect the right party at the time of the vote. I am getting more certain than ever that the tories will lose this. 

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

ad_183573923-e1444055632435.jpg

When you go that colour, the colour of a fig, and then purse your lips like that, it's why people shout "fig pucker"

• Like 4

The opposition parties' supporters seem to feel defrauded because May declined the offer of appearing in the BBC's televised slanging match, which managed to bring politics to a new low and made everyone look petty, spiteful and shabby.

Bearing that in mind, May's decision to avoid that vulgar pandering to the tastes of the demos, looked like a wise one.

Corbyn's late decision to take part was obviously as tactical as May's but his late change of mind is now being presented as an act of heroic bravery.

As Sun Tzu wrote in The Art of War: The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

There's certainly truth in that.

22 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Bearing that in mind, May's decision to avoid that vulgar pandering to the tastes of the demos, looked like a wise one.

Really? It's not worked out so well for her has it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do you think that Woman's Hour was going to be gatecrashed by the leaders of other political parties as well?

You could almost have a point, if it wasn't for her dodging  other appearances too. Her strategists have clearly realised that every time the public see her, the poll numbers get worse. 

If as you say her poll numbers get worse every time she makes a public appearance then she is wise to avoid it, and it is exactly why Labour supporters are trying to persuade she has a duty to do more.

According to the poll analysts I follow Labour have made small gains (+4) but the Tories are predicted, as of today, to have a 152 seat lead.

Â