General Election 2017

ender4

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

How refreshing and sadly rare that is, I really do wish more people would take this view.

I think it's more to do with people being presenters or interviewers.  Instead of being nice and asking about the bins they should employ Defence lawyers or similar that can and will show up the lies in minutes and destroy their credibility at the same time.  

Davis in that video looked like he'd spent about a month in a pub.

In other news, Theresa May will not be appearing on Woman's Hour tomorrow. She's sending Greening instead. I assume Greenings dog was run over yesterday.

• Like 4

We're more likely to hear from Madeleine McCann than Theresa May. She's realised that just blatantly being in hiding and refusing to make public appearances does nowhere near as much damage as opening her mouth and making people notice that she was one of the lizard people's first human-suit prototypes.

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think it's more to do with people being presenters or interviewers.  Instead of being nice and asking about the bins they should employ Defence lawyers or similar that can and will show up the lies in minutes and destroy their credibility at the same time.  

I think that would result in some of the shadowy types lurking in the background who don't have the personality or charisma (!) but actually understand politics and economics being presented to the media and as a result the interest would dwindle and turnout would be low

The Tories have spent the last few months carefully preparing us for a no deal result on Brexit negotiations, and carefully laying the groundwork for people to accept that with references to it being a poker game and the like.

I think I'd trust just about anyone else with the negotiations above them.

• Like 1

Just now, snowychap said:

I thought the time when he ended his brother's career in politics was pretty bloody funny. :D

Nah it was like watching two one legged men kicking each other to death :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Anyone see Boris on BBC Breakfast this morning?

The look of bemusement on his face when Charlie Stayt started unexpectedly laying into him for fudging a question about Trump scrapping the climate change agreement was beautiful.

Was going to watch it again but they've put a password on I player now so would love if anyone has a link for it. Terrific stuff.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Is May possibly ill or something?

I really can't understand somebody voluntarily calling an election they didn't have to and stating it is needed so she looks strong and stable and tough and bloody awkward - then going in to hiding. When she is flushed out like some scared twin setted fox, she looks awful and talks utter rubbish. All with the smile and laugh of someone proclaiming all is well, when they've clearly just done a very wet shit in their trouser suit.

I've been thinking that. She doesn't look well. And now..

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

it might vote against Labour, but it's very unlikely to be voting for May.

I think the scary thing is that's very much a 2 way street, what % of voters next week will be voting against either labour or Tory rather than for them? It'll be far higher than what it should be

i wouldn't vote for May but would vote against labour, I won't vote for Corbin (I have every intention of spoiling mine)

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone see Boris on BBC Breakfast this morning?

I saw a lot of it and I had to turn it off as I was annoyed that the breakfast settee interviewer was allowing Boris to pretty much say, over  and over again, what he wanted to.

He may have sounded amusingly bad in parts but, overall, I think he probably did what he wanted.

Perhaps I missed something.

Edited by snowychap

Â