• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Putin is carrying on much worse than Hitler.He really does need to be exterminated.

I know I’ll regret this, but go on, in what way is he much worse than Hitler?

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hitler detested Modern Art so he wasn't entirely evil. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hitler detested Modern Art so he wasn't entirely evil. 

Hitler didn’t like modern art, jazz, gays, foreigners, freedom of movement.

He was basically the first Brexit voter.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Hitler didn’t like modern art, jazz, gays, foreigners, freedom of movement.

He was basically the first Brexit voter.

Hitler saw the benefit of the EU. 

He wanted a united Europe with a common currency, common language and a common set of laws.  

He just didn't want all that complicated democracy, negotiation and diplomacy. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Because it seems like Putin is more interested in killing school children,hospital patients and completely destroying towns and cities.

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Because it seems like Putin is more interested in killing school children,hospital patients and completely destroying towns and cities.

Well I’m no expert, but I think the extermination of the vulnerable including children and the disabled was fairly high up on Hitler’s list and surely we could name a hundred towns and cities destroyed? That’s just a bizarre take on what happened in WWII. Just consider all the children of Jews or travellers that were sent to the camps, children of Poles, Slavs, Ukrainians. The destruction of Stalingrad, Guernica, Oradour, Coventry, Plymouth, London. A quarter of a million disabled people killed. I mean, I could go on but surely it doesn’t need repeating?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

Would love to know what has changed materially in the war to justify this stance? 

Nothing obviously. They banned them last year because they thought it would be good PR and then the ATP removed world ranking points from the tournament. Sports organisations don't like political stances because its bad for business/back handers. Look at FIFA, IOC etc. they want Russian money.

• Like 1

Just on sport I found myself in a Wikipedia black hole looking at the Ukrainian football league. Some teams have ceased to exist thanks to the Russians. So many small things (in the grand scheme of things) have just been obliterated thanks to that absolute word removed of a country.

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Just consider all the children of Jews or travellers that were sent to the camps, children of Poles, Slavs, Ukrainians. The destruction of Stalingrad, Guernica, Oradour, Coventry, Plymouth, London. A quarter of a million disabled people killed. I mean, I could go on but surely it doesn’t need repeating?

But apart from that? What have neo-fascist demagogues ever done for us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â