• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

6 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

There’s a lot going on but now is NOT the time for this take if you know what’s going on in Texas. It matters when it’s the thin end of the wedge for people who don’t want you to exist.

not trying to derail the conversation, I have only read up to this point without contributing as I don’t have enough of a grasp on the situation to feel I could contribute so I’m just reading and learning.

Your point is absolutely correct. 

• Like 2

The EU is reportedly stepping back from cutting Russian banks off from SWIFT because it would cost Europe too much. 

Will be very interesting if US cuts Russia off then threatens to sanction any EU banks that go against them. 

If Johnson doesn’t unleash every last thing the UK can possibly do in the sanctions domain then I hope they lynch him in the Chamber. 

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's at times like this I wonder if all the he/him, them/they pronoun stuff is what we should have been focussing on as a society.

You are, of course, absolutely right.

If arseholes like Putin and Farage and all their supporters spent a bit more time considering the feelings of others and concentrating on the important stuff, we wouldn’t now be in this mess.

Dick waving midgets like Putin need to chill out, small c conservatives that love a good war film, they need to chill out. Right wing big talking macho men need to shove something up their own arse and chill out.

I’m presuming here that you live in Russia?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just read up that Finland are also not a NATO member (along, surprisingly with Sweden, Ireland, Austria, Cyprus and Switzerland)………

Can imagine Finland are getting uncomfortable in particular of course.

Oh we are as neutral as they come. Just don't ask about the US planes stopping over on the way to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Regarding Finland, I read ('Prisoners of Geography' by Tim Marshall) on how Finland has managed this delicate situation for so long - managing to keep close ties with Europe without antagonising Russia. I can't remember the details now but it was very interesting. It also details why Russia is very preoccupied with NATO expansion eastwards and how Putin is very paranoid and insecure.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

It's at times like this I wonder why people spend so much time caring about how somebody completely unattached to them chooses to label themselves.

It's just a distraction.

Blame it all on vague notions of people going soft and the real issues, like massive Russian influence on our elected politicians, get forgotten about.

It's the same tactic as all the people bringing up Barry Gardiner taking money from a Chinese spy. As if he ever even had any influence that could be bought.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's at times like this I wonder if all the he/him, them/they pronoun stuff is what we should have been focussing on as a society.

Bang on.  Instead of simply allowing men to become women, we should have been training them up to be fighting machines so this sort of thing could be dealt with swiftly and easily...

• Haha 2

Surely Putin weighed up these impending sanctions before deciding to invade Ukraine. If they are as crippling as they say they are gonna be, he wouldn’t of made moves. He’s catered for this. Surprised how aggressively they are moving into Ukraine. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Surely Putin weighed up these impending sanctions before deciding to invade Ukraine. If they are as crippling as they say they are gonna be, he wouldn’t of made moves. He’s catered for this. Surprised how aggressively they are moving into Ukraine. 

They are not crippling though.  Its a big economy it would take such big to push it into recession - I doubt these sanctions will do that. 

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's just a distraction.

Blame it all on vague notions of people going soft and the real issues, like massive Russian influence on our elected politicians, get forgotten about.

It's the same tactic as all the people bringing up Barry Gardiner taking money from a Chinese spy. As if he ever even had any influence that could be bought.

and blaming 'them lot up the road' 

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

That’s what scares me most. They’d have weighed up pretty much the worst case scenario in terms of sanctions and their economy and he still thought the best option was to invade a country and kill hundreds of thousands of people. 

Â